PDA

View Full Version : Construction vs Maintenence

landscapingpoolguy
03-21-2004, 12:29 PM
I was wondering for you guys what makes you more money with less overhead? Grass or installs.

In my case my overhead is not even half to do installs verses what it is to do grass and I prolly gross about 3x's as much doin installs rather then grass. How bout you guys?

Chuck

landscapingpoolguy
03-21-2004, 01:31 PM
anyone have any info?

bayfish
03-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Installs are more profitable than grass. I push for year round maintenance contracts as opposed to grass only. I did enough installs last year to see the difference in profit, but I'm not that comfortable with installs yet to make a big commitment to it.

landscapingpoolguy
03-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Back to the original question at hand is Construction vs Maintenence.... wich has a lower overhead with a higher net return...personally i see construction...being the better of the 2, i can get away with a truck and renting larger expensive tools untill i can afford to purchase them and my net returns on those are alway 30 - 50 percent...grass on the other you never know what your gonna get ...gas is always a variable, disposal is a variable, labor is a pretty constant number as long as there is no overtime, and equipment you have to purchase up front......plus grass has a limit to how much money can actully be made per seaon/per truck crew combo

Chuck