PDA

View Full Version : giant vac leafloader should I fix or go bigger.

Liberty Lawncare
03-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Last fall I bought an old 8 HP giant vac leafloader for $ 250 with old 10 ft hose. The seller said carb neaded rebuild cause of old gass left in it then it would run good.HaHa on me I also had to replace the magnito $39 for carb kit $50 for magnito. Yea now it works I decided to get a 20 ft hose as intake and use the 10ft for exaust this is ok but the 20ft long T-7 hose from IHOZE is already falling apart plastic is ripping away from wire ducttape is working to extend the life of the hose. The 10ft exaust hose was stupid of me after hitting the impeller small sticks are easily able to pierce the tough fabric then cause jams.I can use schedual 40 super tough plastic pipe to correct this problem. while making real good time on a huge leaf cleanup sucking leaves out of groundcover on bouth sides of a 250 ft long driveway. The engin blew a hole the size of a quaeter in the case. :angry: Should I try to put an 8 or 10 HP which will cost around $500-$650. Or should I buy a bigger new or used leaf loader.Does leaf cleanup make anybody any money?

DJL
03-21-2004, 01:37 PM
leaf clean-up makes me money

Liberty Lawncare
03-21-2004, 02:13 PM
DJL what do you use for cleanups?

SonShineSoul
03-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Liberty, I'm selling a basically brand new 20 HP Giant Vac. I have posts on the Network With Locals Board, and the Equipmant For Sale Board. Since I live in MA, if we worked out a deal, maybe we could meet halfway? I have pics. If you're interested let me know!
Thanks!
...Joe

Tvov
03-21-2004, 02:58 PM
8hp is on the small size for commercial use. 14-16hp is a great size for a small lawn service. Yes, you can make money doing leaf cleanups, but you have to charge correctly for it.

Liberty Lawncare
03-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Hi sonShine why are you selling it? How much are you asking?This is my second season on my own company first year was part time so i do not have the money for a leaf machine right now.

mdb landscaping
03-21-2004, 03:06 PM
heres our leaf sucking machine.....Bigger is better when it comes to sucking leaves!

DJL
03-21-2004, 03:19 PM
First year we used landscape barrels and loaded up our dump trailer. Ya I know, "what the heck did you do that for?" But, money is tight in the first year. It's our second year in biz and we invested in a 16HP Billy Goat loader. Thing is awesome. Getting the canvas top put on the dump trailer this Wednesday. Things gonna hold about 20 cubic yards of debris.

SonShineSoul
03-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Hey Liberty,
Well..I bought it in November when my old Hi-Way vac needed an impellar replacement. No one could get me one in under 3 weeks, so I figured I'd upgrade. But, I have absolutely no where to store it. Also, many times I work alone, so when I was toeing the Giant Vac with my dumptruck, I had no where to put my blowers, rakes, etc. I am going to get something that I can mount on my trailer like my old one. So, I've decided to sell this one. I paid $4,000 for it. I think some places charge close to $4,300-$4,500. I am hoping to get between $3,500-$3,700. It only has about 20 hours on it. I've posted it on some other threads with no responses yet. We'll see! ;-)