PDA

View Full Version : exmark problem?

wattsup
03-21-2004, 08:57 PM
I have a Lazer Z 60 27hp Kohler. It does not cut very well. I had a Snapper, but had some mech problems so I bought an Exmark. However, the Snapper has a better cut. When I demoed Exmark they seemed to cut exceptionally well, but mine does not. Many times I have to double cut what the Snapper would cut in one pass. Does anyone have any suggestions for things I can check on the mower to see if there is a problem? Also, I sharpen the blades daily and keep the underside of the deck clean so I do not think this is the problem. Thanks in advance.

Mlc gmc03
03-21-2004, 09:03 PM
what kind of blades are you using maybe try a high lift or a mulching blade

BSDeality
03-21-2004, 09:09 PM
i know this may seem stupid but... are the blades on upside down?

wattsup
03-21-2004, 09:14 PM
I am using exmark blades. I have tried gator blades, high lift, and even doubles with no success.

No, the blades are not on upside down.

Sam-Ohio
03-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Is the deck correctly leveled from front to rear ? If the dealer didn't get it set up right , the front of the deck may be much too low. This can cause the mower blades to be in " the shadow" of the front of the mower.

Take it back to the selling dealer and YELL !

Better yet - if you can make an appointment with the dealer to have a tech sent out to where you are cutting, he will be able to see exactly what you are talking about. The guy may be able to make a few adjustments to the deck and make it all mo betta !

premier lawn care
03-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Get the rep w/ Exmark to come out if your dealer shows no interest.

metro-hp_48
03-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Not sure how new it is, but the deck belts require some adjustments in the beginning. Deck-pitch is the only other thing I know it could be.