PDA

View Full Version : Z-Spray vs. Perma Green???????

ChicagoLawn
03-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Hello everyone..........

As of last season I was very close to investing in a Perma Green with the "trailer deck" that goes into hitch. I like the fact that you can create a full perma green system w/transport on a pick up truck of choice.

Now the talk on this site about the z-spray...........

You have seriously made me consider if a Z-Spray would not be the better choice? I do primarily 5-12K size lawns but have picked up a very decent account 1,100,000 sq. ft. - one location (3 rounds) This one account alone would pay for the perma-green in 1.5 application.

How much is the Z-spray?

How do you transport? (I dont know if I like their hitch insert???)

How long is their order/take delivery time?

My first round work is coming up in 1-3 weeks. I have dealt with Lesco for so long that the Perma Green is a strong candidate but I just want to make a sound/smart investment in a "ride-on" sprayer-spreader?

ChicagoLawn

Pilgrims' Pride
03-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Hey guys,

I'd like some input here too.
I bought a used PG over the winter. (It's still nearly new)
But I am reading alot about the z-spray, z-spray Jr, and the turf tracker units from C @ S turf.
Who uses what and what are the pros and cons?

Thanks for the word,

Bob

James Cormier
03-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Well....I own 2 perma greens and I am most likely the only pg owner in here that would recommend the zspray, Too many things to list here for my reasons, however if anyone wants to talk in person my web site has my phone #, call me.

Bob, I just got my umass forum for pesticide classes, I think I am going to one of them down there in plymouth, Not sure which one ( forms at home ) but when I sign up I'll let you know, maybe we can meet up,

turfsolutions
03-22-2004, 11:19 AM
1 letter 1 word:

z spray

You will not be dissapointed. Its worth the extra 2,000.

ChicagoLawn
03-22-2004, 08:54 PM
I can assume the X-spray is around $7,000?????

How do you guys transport the Z-spray unit?

ChicagoLawn

meets1
03-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Why the z or why the PG machine? I am going to purchase one of them, not sure which yet, but most of our accounts are 5- 10 K. Small areas etc. I want to get rid of our stray trailer and dragging a hose all over. Time, efficiency, money! Do you guys use either machine solely or do you still use your tanks and hose?

smoke johnson
03-22-2004, 10:38 PM
we only use the Z- Spray. why because of the extra volume of material that it holds and because i had one of those perma- junks and all i did was work on it (can't make any money in the shop) the z has been terrific for my business and the succes that i have had in the last two years we have 150% more clients with no extra bodys (which is more money in my pocket). if you have any ? call Mr. Thomas Rich at the shop at 765 482 2040. or Z-spray.com

greenerpastures
03-22-2004, 11:35 PM
I purchased the Z having never seen one except on the web. Its performance and quality have exceeded my expectations. For larger square footage accounts, it is hard to beat.

We still have the tanks and hose, but seldom pull them out of the shop. Small lawns (less than ~7K) can still be done just about as efficiently with the hose considering loading time. But for 1 acre+ accounts it can easily cut your time in half. The z does have a small hose reel option which can be used to reach really tight spots. Narrow gates can be a problem. Due to weight, I doubt you would want to use any type of rack similar to what the PG's use for transporting. I did give up the ability to apply most liquid ferts by going to the z, but as others have said ---it will increase productivity significantly. I have had some "bridging" problems with the z spyker spreader, but I blame that mainly on the fert.

Pilgrims' Pride
03-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Outstanding James,

I'd like to hook up when you are down this way.
Guess I better get signed up!
Let me know.

Bob

scweedman
03-23-2004, 08:45 AM
I just purchased PG seems to be a good machine. I know
the old cetri had some problems but the new ultra has
been re-designed. I carry it on my trailer with my 2 spray rigs.
the carrier seems expensive. I think a local shop could make
one cheaper. If you have a Lesco near you they have them on
display and you can test drive them. Lesco was running a sale &
no payments til sept.

KenH
03-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Can you apply gran. with the Z Spray???

DUSTYCEDAR
03-23-2004, 02:27 PM
YES it will spray or spread fert u can get the machine in several styles