PDA

View Full Version : trimmers

growinandmowin
03-21-2004, 09:15 PM
ive been using redmax and echo for quite some time now. i just got a gift certificate from lowes and am debating on buying a troy built trimmer to add to my fleet. any input appreciated.

premier lawn care
03-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Not a prof. piece! I would stick to RedMax and use the gift cert. for mulch or something like that.

metro-hp_48
03-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Hmmm actually, my brother bought one of them last summer, because of some sale they had. I wouldn't buy 1, but he likes his, but doesn't use it much ......pure homeowner (him)
(he likes changing the diff. attachments.lol)

growinandmowin
03-21-2004, 09:25 PM
thats what caught my eye. the straight shaft interchangeable attachments.

locutus
03-21-2004, 09:29 PM
If you are going to be using it only periodically, I dont see it as a problem. I think you will have issues with it if you intend to use it as a primary piece of equipment. I know the two statements I just made are redundant, but I'm bored.

metro-hp_48
03-21-2004, 09:29 PM
He does like his. Know he has the pole saw, and 2 or 3 other attachments (got a deal with the additional attachments)

He told me last week what he gave for it. (can't remember) He might use it 10 hours this year (and prob. used it 2 hours last season) Does run good, and did start right up this season (did smoke alittle......little 2-stroke joke.....)
You might like another brand better in the long run, but maybe not.