PDA

View Full Version : better quick 36

7fires
03-22-2004, 07:51 AM
I see that the better quick 36 is a sponsor of this site, but i have not seen anybody talking about it. All I am asking is, does anybody use this machine and does it stack up against the the tried and true?

GPDesign1
03-22-2004, 08:40 AM
7Fires,

It's the best deal out there on a 36" walk-behind by a wide margin... Ask me a question about it and I'll do my best to give you a good answer.

Gary

dobehap
03-23-2004, 10:32 AM
How well can you control it on a steep hill?

GPDesign1
03-23-2004, 10:56 AM
as with a lot of things, it depends on the skill of the operator (and the severity of the hill).

For moderate slopes, our machine does just fine. I wouldn't wanna mow the back side of Hoover Dam with it, but hills like that aren't fun with anyone's mower, are they?

If the hill is really steep, you'd probably have an easier time "crabbing" a twin pump/motor hydro. But, the downside to those is the cost (twice as much)...

I guess it just comes down to; What do you use a walk-behind for most of the time?

Gary

NEWINNJ
03-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Why so long to get them 2 - 4 weeks??? And how muchis shipping to NJ?

GPDesign1
03-23-2004, 11:36 AM
newinnj:

Shipping is included in the price at $1995. Since you're not in NC, you don't have to pay sales tax which also saves you a couple hundred bucks.

We could ship you within 2 weeks and you'd be looking at a couple days transit time.

Thanks,
Gary

sgt_rjp
05-07-2004, 07:35 AM
If the hill is really steep, you'd probably have an easier time "crabbing" a twin pump/motor hydro.

Is the transmission the only issue with WB's and hills? Does the length of quick36 make it any worse? The 32" WB's that GD dropped when they were bought by JD are floating around and going cheap. Both of them have a single hydro pump. The 32" is cheaper and has longer wheelbase and it looks heavy duty. The Quick36 isn't all that much more, it's brand new, and has lots of accessories available. And before it's suggested, I really only need it for one property so I'm having a little trouble justifying a $4K WB. But, if the single hydro can't do hills, neither mower will work for me. I guess I've got to get a level and protractor out there and get some numbers.

GPDesign1
05-07-2004, 08:20 AM
I was asked about the 32" Great Dane yesterday and I don't know enough about it to make an answer. It does seem kinda odd that Deere would drop it so quickly. Small Engine Warehouse appears to be liquidating a lot of the inventory.

Making the machine shorter (in the front end) actually makes it <b><i>easier</b></i> to handle. The overall length of the Quick 36 is 59" which is about a foot and a half shorter than most 2-blade 36's. This gives much less resistance from the front end and makes it easier to steer. It'll handle average slopes just fine. If you get on a really steep bank, it's going to give you a little more of a work-out. Mowing steep banks is more work no matter what mower you're using.

For two thousand dollars difference in price, the Quick 36 is a better overall <b>value</b> in a 36" commercial walk-behind.

Gary