PDA

View Full Version : Profit

ken50
03-22-2004, 09:55 AM
I was reading the poll about how much gross income many of you brought in. Now what I am wondering is, how much net profit can I expect....as a general rule. Also was wondering what services many of you offer....strictly mowing, fertilizing, aerating, spraying, tree trimming? Where is the profit in this business, is it in the mowing, or in the extras?

Thanks

stslawncare
03-22-2004, 11:16 AM
the answer to this question will vary from company to company. it depends on whether you purchase your equipment or are financing, your expenses etc etc etc.......... some guys here do strictly mowing, some do strictly landscaping etc, do a search and you can get a good idea of what everyone does. which is most profitable will also depend on your area, and customers.

ken50
03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
I knew there would be a lot of variables, was just looking for a ballpark figure, but I know that is probably next to impossible...Thanks for responding anyway...

specialtylc
03-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Solo business can be as high as 90% profit. We are at around 40% profit.

monkey9197
03-22-2004, 09:30 PM
take how much money u bring in a week and subtract your expenses thats all not dificult unless u do like large jobs and its at random then u cant guess

Kelly's Landscaping
03-22-2004, 09:38 PM
The bigger you get the lower the margin I read enough of the trade magazines and see the 1-5 million dollar a year companies. And they are jumping for joy when they hit 8-9% profit and talk about the bad years when they were 1-3% profit. Solo will be much higher since you donít pay your self. When you get a few crews it could still be 25-50% but that depends allot on your goals are you actively growing the business if so kiss that profit margin good bye its going in to advertising, employee training, new equipment, and trucks. Companies are at their most profitable when they have reached the desired size they set out to become.

o-so-n-so
03-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Alot of variables will determine your net. If you "manage" your business you can increase you bottom line just by watching every dollar. ( very important)

I make a lot more from add on services.