PDA

View Full Version : bidding

lawncarepros2004
03-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Got a call yesterday from a property mgr who wants a bid to maintain 9 duplexes. Each has a small lawn in the front and we would not be responsible for the back. The lawn is small enough to fit into my base starting price of $25 a cut. The kicker of the story is that the worksite is right accross the street from my home. I could roll the mower out the driveway and be working in less then five minutes. This account could save lots of window time for us. Is it reasonable to compromise my base mowing price in order to secure this bid knowing I am saving by not having to load my trailer 18 times to get equivalant work elsewhere. Ain't looking to low ball!

stslawncare
03-22-2004, 11:21 AM
you bring a valid point but to play devils advocate.......whos to say the only time in your route you can fit this job in is between a property that is 10 minutes away and your next job is 5 minutes away. i personally may take that into consideration and take $5 off the property but thats it, if it looked like it could be difficult i may not even change it at all.