PDA

View Full Version : killer vine

stslawncare
03-22-2004, 11:01 AM
hey guys, went to give an estimate lastnight and have encountered an interesting situation. there is a vine that is just like a snake, it has wrapped itself around 4 large azalias, goes underground, into neighbors property, and also to back of property and around trees. this vine is killing the azalias. there are 4 azalias in a row and it has killed the back to just about, and is on its way on the two front ones. it appears to remove the vines from the azalias i will have to do it by hand???? as far as getting it from the lawn i will have rip it up or dig it out??? customer has taken it to different places and tells me it cant be identified and that grass will keep it from coming up???? does anyone have any input on what this is and what i can do about it?

myoder
03-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Try to get a pic of it and post it... I would do whatever I could to get rid of it so it will prevent it from at least spreading

kmeforou
03-22-2004, 10:59 PM
I think you can kill it with a herbicide for woody plants. I used some of this to kill of some trumpet vine. You may have to treat it a couple of times though. I also think that you will find it easier to remove, once it is dead. Give it some time to start breaking down, before trying to remove it.