PDA

View Full Version : Gravely Pro G wb

C4chris70
03-22-2004, 07:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone who is using the new Pro G 32 could give me some feed back on the performance. I have been using a 36 inch Toro t bar for many years and have decided to go to a 32 to allow me to get through more gates. I am leaning towards the Gravely because they use two blades where as Toro uses one blade. I have friends who tell me the Toro is known for bending the single blade by running over something as small as an ant hill. My concerns with Gravely are as follows: distributor told dealer there is no mulch kit available for this unit (I called Gravely and was told there is a kit available), Dealer called to get a mower for me to demo a week and a half ago and rep has yet to get back to him. My dealer has been great to me in the past, so I believe it may be the distributor or the rep where the problem lies. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

BSDeality
03-22-2004, 07:38 PM
i can't comment on the 32. I own an older 50" model that has been nothing buy a pure money maker for me. stay regular with oil changes, grease ups, and new belts and you'll be fine.

My dealer has been "scheduling a demo" for me for.... 9 months now. Every time i call him about it its "yah, i'm waiting for x to call me back about it" I know your pain. I got in contact directly with a regional sales rep at a trade show and he gave me his direct line and said he'd be more than happy to get me a demo. Now i just got to wait for spring to hurry up and get here.

rookiemower
03-22-2004, 07:49 PM
chris i have had a gravely 36" pro-g for a year and it is a great mower i don't know much about the 32" but my deaker has been good to me. as far as the mowers there probaly identical except for engine and deck size:)

kmeforou
03-22-2004, 10:50 PM
I have a Toro 32. Toro has made some changes so that the blade will not bend as easy. This change I think occurred last year. I am not sure if older models can be changed. Looks like you need to talk to your Toro dealer about this. I had the same concern, unil I talked to my dealer. I hope this helps. If you buy a Gravely, you will have to tie it down. The brakes do not hold like a Toros. I made a mistake in thinking that they did and I now have damage to my trailer and my new Gravely 48.

SWD
03-22-2004, 10:57 PM
I can not comment on the 32", but I have been running a 36" Pro G for over a year now. Excellent machine, excellent dealer and rep support!!!
Call Gravely direct, as it sounds like a dealer problem not communicating with the rep.
I have had warranty claims on both machines, both minor and major, and have found Gravely to be absolutely top notch in support!

C4chris70
03-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the input. I will call Gravely again. Seems like a great machine, but I don't buy mowers without first doing a demo. As for the Toro, I did talk to a Toro rep and was told that the single blade is still a major draw back, not to mention the Toro is $900.00 more than the Gravely.