PDA

View Full Version : Free Echo stick edger story.

locutus
03-22-2004, 06:59 PM
1. Friend who lives out of town gives me stick edger he found three years ago and never used it. Kept it in his barn.

2. I get edger, it does not run. Duh!

3. I work on edger. I get It running.

4. While working on edger, I notice curled up sticker on shaft.

5. I uncurl sticker to find name of company where purchased.

6. Conscience starts working on me.

7. Call company to see if serial# can be matched to owner.

8. Company calls back to say they cant match serial#.

9. Conscience clear.

10. Now worried about friends conscience.

Pecker
03-22-2004, 07:23 PM
Could you explain #10 in more detail. I think I missed it somehow.

locutus
03-22-2004, 07:29 PM
I don't think he could have missed that sticker and not tried to find the owner. I could be wrong though. I didn't think at the time to ask him if he had tried to locate the owner.

lawnman_scott
03-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Your out your time. I would give it back. Ever had some loser come up to you trying to sell something he found? Happens all the time here, and i tell them what losers, and other things they are. Wouldnt you be happy if it were you? What comes around goes around is just a saying, but if you dont give it back and someone steals something of yours, dont whine.

locutus
03-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by lawnman_scott
Your out your time. I would give it back. Ever had some loser come up to you trying to sell something he found? Happens all the time here, and i tell them what losers, and other things they are. Wouldnt you be happy if it were you? What comes around goes around is just a saying, but if you dont give it back and someone steals something of yours, dont whine.

Scott, did you read my entire post? I attempted to locate the owner.

lawnman_scott
03-22-2004, 08:06 PM
oh, i thought it said that they could. Keep it, you tried.

Runner
03-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Keep it. I guess, but I would CERTAINLY be questioneing this "friend's" "found it" story.

firekilr2
03-22-2004, 11:16 PM
I would not keep it and send it to me, I will see if anyone here lost it. LOL