PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Lawns franchise

mmacsek
03-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Does anybody know of this place? I have a customer that hired them to do a paver walkway and some grading. I take care of the lawn and applications. I knew they were going to hire someone for this but this is the first time I seen their trucks in the area. I don't do hardscape because of lack of time. We do landscape maintenance. Any FIRST hand dealings? Thanks Matt

rookiemower
03-22-2004, 08:34 PM
yeah there getting big

lawnman_scott
03-22-2004, 08:36 PM
They are a franchise you can buy. It may be an ok deal if you have money to blow, and time to wait to get your moneys worth.

BW4486
03-22-2004, 09:16 PM
There is a branch in the Gainesville, Ocala, FL area also

jajwrigh
03-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Never heard of them here yet...

Tony Clifton
03-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Yea, they are a franchise, something some of you guys may want to look into, you will definately get your money out of it. The thing is, they are commercial maintenance only, I am really surprised that they were doing the work you told us about,,,,the trick in buying into a franchise is to fololow the model they give you, otherwise you are wasting your money,,,sounds like these guys arent following the model.

Kelly's Landscaping
03-22-2004, 09:52 PM
The idea of being my own boss is just that to be my own boss. You buy into this idea and your kicking a % every month up to Tony its not much different then that. I see their advertisements all the time in the monthly lawn magazines. Thereís barely enough left over each month for me and my partner the idea of sending a chunk of that to some overseers is to painful to think about. If I see some of those trucks I will find myself feeling sorry for the guys. If they are like many franchises they probably even have provisions to take your business from you of you do not act the way they expect you too. Iv seen enough franchises in other lines of work and they are not pleasant. The guy at the local Exxon when I have cut the lawn was telling me he has to send 9 k a month to them as the franchise fee thatís a lot of month to pay to have that name on your place. I would be curious what the regulations are with this US Lawns but one thing is certain the contracts will favor them not you.

dvmcmrhp52
03-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Maybe they used to be commercial maintanence but not any more.
Just saw one of their trucks the other day................Yep we did it, we put a flier right there,along with all the neighbors. Ain't we just mean?

ej Landscaping
03-22-2004, 11:02 PM
they are rolling out here, nice trucks/equipment.

bam
03-22-2004, 11:08 PM
the company is owned by Valleycrest, one of the largest landscape companies in the nation. Both Valleycrest and US Lawns have websites if you're looking for more info.

mmacsek
03-23-2004, 07:49 AM
I checked out their website and they advertise that clients include commercial, HOA, apartments, etc. This particular franchise serves an area about 50 miles from their home base. Matt