PDA

View Full Version : Disposal question-Michigan guys???

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC.
03-22-2004, 11:50 PM
Even if you are outside the State of Michigan, where do you guys take your spring clean up and fall clean up materials, i.e., leaves and what not? What about grass clippings? I know here in Michigan you cant take these sorts of materials to a local dump or landfill site. Just curious, got a lady who wants a spring cleanup estimate and in the fall it is pretty easy, rake the leaves out to the curb for local pickup by the City. Thanks in advance.

mtdman
03-23-2004, 12:45 AM
We have a couple of composting centers here that all yard waste goes to. We have to pay to dump there commercially, but that's where we dump.

Usually what I do is brown bag the debris and leave it for the homeowner's pickup. If there are only a few bags I'll take them with. If you do it that way, make sure you figure bagging time in with it.

Maybe PM Runner or Expert and ask them where they take their stuff. They work up there in the Flint area.

bln
03-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Go to 5 mile and Napier in Northville. It is not that expensive.

Runner
03-23-2004, 02:26 AM
My stuff is usually just disposed of on my property, but once in awhile, if we have more to get, and we're in the area, we take it to the recycle center over on Court Street. Doesn't the new dump out that way take organic material?

Runner
03-23-2004, 02:39 AM
Wait, it just occured to me that THAT place out on 21, that I was refering to DOES take leaves and such. They have it all toward the back.

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC.
03-23-2004, 10:48 AM
In Owosso, we have a brush day on Saturday where we can drop off stuff. It use to be the 1st Saturday of every month but I think it got changed. I dont believe the landfill on 21 east of Corunna takes bursh and leaves and the like. Do they? My dad said no, we always take our crud to the local city drop off mentioned above, i.e., when branches fall down in a storm or what not.

Runner
03-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Probably should call. The last time I was out there, (about 2 years ago, I think), they did take yard waste. They had an area at the east end for it all. You had to drive around the hill to it.

Adamslawncare
03-23-2004, 07:07 PM
The dump that Don Williamson opened on S. Grand Traverse also takes brush and such. You can dump for free if you are a resident of Flint and the workers there usually never give me any trouble about being a contractor. Who knows how long it will remain open, though.