PDA

View Full Version : please help me on this bid

lawncarepros2004
03-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Need help on this bid. No window time for this job. Roll the mower out the garage and start mowing. Nine duplexes just went in accross the street. 18 small lawns, none of which take more than 15 minutes to mow. They want two seasonal applications of fertilizer and weeding done. The base price coming to mind for me starts at about $225 a week and the high end is $360 a week. Those prices include the fert and weed price in total bid price. The bottom line is, I would hate to see anyone else maintaining this property but I don't want to work for pennies or charge way to much. Other than the help of the Sopranos your input would be appreciated.

impactlandscaping
03-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Are you working solo, or with a 2 man crew? Also, is the weeding a weekly service for ornamental beds or did you mean a weed app for the turf? Sounds like about 4-5 man hours per week to me for a solo LCO, and about 2 - 2.5 hours for a two man crew.

lawncarepros2004
03-23-2004, 10:06 AM
one man pony show.................and the weeding work is for ornamental beds.

impactlandscaping
03-23-2004, 10:17 AM
I think you are pretty close on your prices, without knowing your operating costs, I would say to charge for at least 6 hours of time each week. I would charge $ 1200.00 per month for all services you listed above. If they say it's too high, tell them it's only $ 15.79 per lawn per week. People like to think in small numbers , good luck! P.S. After a month of cutting w/ a 21", buy yourself a 36" WB, and watch your profit climb even higher, and time cut in half...:D

lawncarepros2004
03-23-2004, 10:26 AM
cool thanks for the help. by the way i own a walker ghs, 20 hp rider. Can't use it on these accounts though. small lawns with lots of obstacles.