PDA

View Full Version : Fert Question

Adamslawncare
03-23-2004, 06:26 PM
I was wondering what some of you would charge per application for a granular fert and weed control application on 32000 sq. ft. turf area. The terrain is mostly flat. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Adam

rob1325
03-23-2004, 07:39 PM
I charge from 160 to 200 depending on property.

Grassmechanic
03-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Adam - generally in MI, we get around $4/1000 sf. Make sure you have an applicators certificate and a business lic. for pesticides.

Runner
03-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Actually, that is way high for around here.
Adam, if you are not licensed to do this, trust me... don't even touch it! It's not worth the consequences, as there are so many ramifications to this. I would however, be happy to help you on any of your application needs. I have a fert. program that is second to none in this area, and is showing better results than anyone else around (except for my mentor). The customers sort of freak out over how good their lawn looks, and everyone confirms, that no matter who they had do it before, their lawn has never looked like what it does with this program. It is nothing short of awesome. Let me know if I can be of assistance, and I can help YOU look good.

Grassmechanic
03-25-2004, 08:24 AM
Joe - you've got to be kidding! I just did some est. and was way under what the previous LCO charged. I was thinking maybe I was too low at $4/k. I guess the old saying goes.....location, location, location. And Kashmere is one of my favorite songs!

khutch
03-27-2004, 09:58 PM
$4 per k HIGH??

20 bucks for a 5,000 sq ft yard too high.

Man, it must be tough in Flint.....

Runner
03-28-2004, 12:46 AM
Well, it doesn't exactly work like that,... there is a stop fee and minimum added with that... we're sort of talking about something totally different, here.

scweedman
03-28-2004, 09:37 AM
I would do it for 175 to 200. It depends on your area, you
need to shop your competion. Also you need to really find
out what you can do it for. Based on your overhead and costs
then come up with a price.

scweedman
03-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Joe, I would like to see that program.
You have me intrested always trying
to find the perfect program.

Ric
03-28-2004, 10:32 AM
If I may ask what are the going prices per thousand in New Jersey. I have heard that McDonald's Pays their help over $ 10.00 per hour. The cost of living is high in that area I am sure. However in an other thread a member said app prices start at $ 12.00 to $ 24.00 per thousand square feet. Now interesting enough a New Jersey Franchise working in my area offers the cheapest price in town.

Runner
03-28-2004, 12:13 PM
SCweedman,
I'm not sure that this program would work the same for you as it does up here, but one of the key things we do is use alot of potassium. We back off on the N, especially now, when everyone is dumpping the stuff for that "quick green".I don't know about you, but I don't need 4-6" of growth a week during the growing season. Our turf always ends up without all the stress in the summer, too, because of it. While all the gig green lawns are weak and wimpy, and just lay down all over, ours are real thick and stand up up real hard. They are also MUCH more drought tolerant because of the potassium, and the great root develpoment we get in the spring due to the P and K. You might say we do everything backwards from everyone else, but I guess that just sort of the "golf course" mentality. Prepare for alot of wear and tear. Also, the N that we DO use is always 50% slow release, so it balances out rather well. Of course, iron is always used, as well. All I know is that the difference in our lawns and other services (many times right next door), are like night and day. People are loving this stuff. The only thing is, is that some of them cuss me out because of the amount of grass they have to cut. I don't mean length-wise, but by the THICKNESS and density of the turf. I warn them ahead of time... Sharpen your blades! lol!

bobbygedd
03-28-2004, 04:48 PM
ric, mcdonalds pays thier employees, $6-7 an hour. u ever been to jersey? i been to florida, and i must say, i'm in no hurry to go back. keep in mind though, that the florida lawnboy has 12 months to complete his task, we, on the otherhand have a season that is much more condensed, making the task much more difficult. what i'm trying to say, i guess, is that a minimum wage non educated idiot from new jersey, is probably the equivilent of a college educated floridian.

Ric
03-28-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
ric, mcdonalds pays thier employees, $6-7 an hour. u ever been to jersey? i been to florida, and i must say, i'm in no hurry to go back. keep in mind though, that the florida lawnboy has 12 months to complete his task, we, on the otherhand have a season that is much more condensed, making the task much more difficult. what i'm trying to say, i guess, is that a minimum wage non educated idiot from new jersey, is probably the equivilent of a college educated floridian.

Yes BooBy I have been to East Orange N. J. The home of Uncle Wiggle and the insertion point to give the world an Enema.

bobbygedd
03-28-2004, 08:45 PM
how did u like east orange? it's a dump, aint it? next time you're here, look me up, i'll show you where the good parts are

Ric
03-29-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
how did u like east orange? it's a dump, aint it? next time you're here, look me up, i'll show you where the good parts are

Booby

Yes I am sure you could show me all the great spots to buy Crack in East Orange. I thank you for the wonderful jester. Let me return That favor by saying I live on the Gulf Coast side of Florida. Next Time you plan to come to Florida, May I suggest the East Coast. I am sure you would like it the best and when you return home please by all means PM me let me know how you enjoyed our wonderful State.

scweedman
03-29-2004, 08:08 AM
Joe,
How much potassium?

bobbygedd
03-29-2004, 08:26 AM
now now, you know i don't smoke crack, i seen what it did to my parents, and decided to just grow my own weed instead. awww come on ric, won't you visit us? i already got a nice pair of shoes for ya. they're a little heavy, but i promise, after like 5 minutes, you wont even know you're wearing them....