PDA

View Full Version : Bidding on large job

Adamslawncare
03-23-2004, 05:54 PM
I am working on a proposal that is by far the biggest I have ever done. It is for a client in the one of the most upscale neighborhoods in my service area. I was wondering what any of you would estimate this job at since I never have done a job this size and definitely do not want to underbid myself.

The work to be done is as follows:

1) 600 sq. ft. total area that needs to be worked up and seeded

2) 4 different mulch beds
a) 275 sq. ft. bed (Prep, cedar mulch and 2 flats of annuals)
b) 600 sq. ft. bed (Prep, cedar mulch)
c) 270 sq. ft. bed (Prep, ceder mulch)
d) 210 sq. ft. bed (Prep, ceder mulch, 4"-6" boulders around border, 2 small shrubs(suggestions on shrubs?)

3) 38 trees that need light trimming

4) 20 shrubs that need trimming

5) 2 small trees (15') that need to be removed

6) Mow 32000 sq. ft. of turf weekly (approx 2000 linear ft. of trimming)

7) Granular fertilizer and weed control on 32000 sq. ft. (Price per application)

I will be charging for hauling away all the cuttings/brush on a per load basis (6x10 trailer, 15 miles away from dump)

Any suggestions on what I should be charging for this job? I just need to get a ballpark figure that I can go on.

Adam

Adamslawncare
03-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Is there anyone that will help me out there?

primecutmo
03-23-2004, 11:16 PM
what area of the US do you live in. what is your over head? do you pay taxes and insurance?

lawnwizards
03-23-2004, 11:20 PM
primecutmo,
who gives a crap where he lives or if he pays taxes and insurance? he wants to know a general idea of what to bid. Adam, goodluck on your bid. unfortunately i have no clue as to what i'd bid.

specialtylc
03-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Adamslawncare
Is there anyone that will help me out there?
Nobody has the energy to spend an hour figuring a bid on something for someone else. We dont know what your material costs are, labor costs, and most people need to see the property to do a bid.

draftlawncare
03-23-2004, 11:43 PM
hard to bid on something without seeing it but here it goes
i came up with $ 3993 for the mulch, trees , shrub trimming and tree removal $ 45 per mowing i do not do fret but lets say around $150 per app and $125 for the 600 sf . but like i said its hard to bid without seeing it could be higher or lower

Adamslawncare
03-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Thank you for taking the time to help me out. Now I have a number that I can compare with what I was thinking.

Adam

primecutmo
03-25-2004, 09:27 PM
lawnwizards
if you dont have insurance and pay no taxes then you dont have to charge as much. i have run into that problem down here. i keep getting underbid by guys with no insurance and overhead. hey if you want to risk it and run with no insurance that its ok with me. you will probably underbid me any day of the week but you will not survive a few years.

primecutmo
03-25-2004, 09:30 PM
im just trying to find out if adam is in it full time or just doing it on the side. i will admit that when i was in high school i didnt have insurance, but i only mowed in my neighborhood. im just trying to figure out his overhead.