PDA

View Full Version : Plate Tamper and lease vs buy

chico
03-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Hello Everyone!
Just an update on the plate compactor thread I posted a few threads below. I bought a bomag 18/45-2 and love it. Compacts incredibly good. It is a huge difference iver the rentals sch as the wacker 1550a that I was used to.

And second I want to know your opinionsl about leasing vs buying a skid steer.

Thanks!

mdscaper
04-04-2004, 12:45 PM
I've always rented skid steers since my Dingo can do most of what I need. But right now I'm looking at purchasing compact track machine or Bobcat A300. The tax law passed down here in the states is just too sweet to pass up. 60% depreciation the first year on equipment purchased until the end of 2004. And interest rates are next to or at 0%.
Look into the cost benefit of buying/leasing and the tax breaks in your neck of the woods. It drives me crazy to rent a machine for a day when I only use it for an hour. I've been making the rental companies too much $$$.

allaccesslandscaping
04-05-2004, 12:18 AM
AMAN TO THAT MY FELLOW LANDSCAPER

AL Inc
04-07-2004, 10:19 PM
mdscaper, thanks for the info. I was in the same boat when it came to skid steers, it was a pain to rent the machine. I started looking about a year ago and finally decided on the Cat 246 (see other thread "skid steers"). Really, the payment is equal to two rentals per month. I just feel more comfortable buying. I know the monthly payment is higher but then there is no buyout to worry about at the end of the lease. I would rather keep that 8-10k in the bank.

netgear
05-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Hello i have a Toro Dingo 320d for sale. it has the following attachments: Soil Renovator( cultivator) , Auger Power Head, Bare Trencher w/ bar less chain, Standard Bucket, and trailor w/ accessories. It only has 600 hours of use. i will sell everything for only $11,000. capitalgroup@spininternet.com
Thank You
Spencer Craig