PDA

View Full Version : Walk Behind pros and cons

Hiway
03-23-2004, 09:26 PM
I am wondering what size WB to buy. I have a Exmark Lazer 60" deck and a Great Dane Super surfer 52" deck. I was thinking of a 36" or 44" Toro T-Bar proline. How big of a difference is there between gear and hydro. I have been doing my smaller stuff and some trimming with a push mower 21". It works but dosn't always leave a nice cut and takes a bit longer.

MudslinginFX4
03-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Try searching in this topic, there is more information about this topic then probably any other one out there. BTW... welcome to the site. You will find a lot of useful information on here.

LB Landscaping
03-23-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm looking at the same size just an Exmark instead. It will be used for the same reasons you listed, just small stuff the Z's can't get. I would love a hydro but can't justify the extra cost for the amount we will use it especially if I only go with a 36". If you have alot of hills consider the hydro it will perform much better. I have also been told that a belt drive sucks for using a sulky.

Peakpm
03-23-2004, 09:51 PM
36"or 44" would depend on if you can fit the 44" in all the places
You need to why get a 36" if a 44" will fit, it save you a little time. The hydro will cost a little more but if you like the response and feel of the two mowers you have now you will want the hydro.
Good luck

ElephantNest
03-23-2004, 10:34 PM
I have a 60" LazerZ and the 36" TTHP, perfect pair. Hydro all the way. Since the 36" is used for mainly backyards, the hydro is a must for me. Love the instant full speed reverse, zero turn capabilities, smoothness of the ECS, all make doing the tight spaces a breeze.

strayer1
03-24-2004, 01:17 AM
belt drives work good with sulkies,just not soo good when grass is really wet or its raining...dont count on reverse with the belt drives because its only a assist.

cao
03-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Why don't try our walk behinds?
We in China can manufacture 32 inch and 36 inch and 48 inch lawn mwoer,maily exporting to American markets,which have found popularity in usres.So We strongly commend our WB to you.

Tharrell
03-24-2004, 03:51 AM
Unless you're going to have crew members to operate all of you're equipment, I suggest a small wb. A 32 or 36 to get into gated yards. I've got a 32 Bob-Cat and it will get into just about anywhere.

yz250fpilot
03-24-2004, 09:07 AM
I just picked up a hydro 36" walkbehind for cutting this year. It has been in use for a couple of weeks now. One thing that I really notice is that I can stick it in tight places and not have to worry about turning around. The hydro allows me to back up quickly without ever stepping off the jungle wheels. I can mow some tight stuff and never walk a bit. I have been hauling a 21" with me just in case I somehow had a real tight area to mow, but it looks like the 36" hydro works nicely for all the small areas so far. I have never used a belt drive walkbehind, but from the sound of it, "reverse assist" does not sound nearly as easy or productive to use.

GPDesign1
03-24-2004, 09:16 AM
You might want to take a look at:

www.betteroutdoorproducts.com

Our Quick36 mower is a single drive hydro (instant forward-reverse, with a REAL reverse), infinitely variable speed, electric start and a great quality of cut. Delivered directly to you, ready to mow for $1995.

Affordable parts prices with quick service.

And it's built in America... not some Communist-Chinese built crap.

Gary

metro-hp_48
03-24-2004, 09:18 AM
"reverse assist" is an absolute joke yz250fpilot.