PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use the Trimmertrap MR-1 multiclamp?

Pecker
03-23-2004, 11:32 PM
It looks pretty useful. Just wondering if anybody has one and how do you like it. Also, do you have any ideas on how to mount it other than using bolts?
Here is the link:
www.trimmertrap.com/racks/racks.htm

It is the one on the left side of the screen.

chuckwk
03-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Never used that particular product ...

But, but when I was in business I bought the "TT-2 Trimmer Racks" ... worked fine for trimmers but it snapped myEcho PowerEdger shaft in half ... to much head weight.

Pecker
03-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks Chuck. I think the TT rack I use is the TT-2 also. Been real happy with it for almost 4 years now, so I know TT makes good stuff. Sorry to hear about yer edger. That had to suck. The MR-1 just seems useful, figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Only downfall seems to be the price at $99 for the kit.

P&J Lawncare
03-24-2004, 01:06 AM
I just got 8 of them in today, they look like they are really put together well. I will know more in a month once I get back to work.

chuckwk
03-24-2004, 01:11 AM
They make a very reliable and work worthy piece of equipment.... Solid welds, mostly perfect workmanship and a sweet powder coat paint finish.

I should have known better to put the edger on the racks .... simple physics forecasts a break.

Pecker
03-24-2004, 01:29 AM
P&J, thanks for the post. You are talking about the MR-1 correct?

Chuck: Well, I keep my edger on my TT-2 rack everyday so maybe I should keep a watchful eye on it. FYI its a Deere XT120SE (stick edger). It doesn't seem to bounce around too much. What do you attribute to your shaft breaking? Bouncing around too much?

Pecker
03-24-2004, 06:44 PM
BTW, where would you mount one on a WB? I am thinking about mounting it somewhere near the front so the trimmer head will be pointing toward the handlebars. Thoughts?

Pecker
04-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Just figured I'd follow- up cause I like it when other people do it.
Anyhow, I bought it and mounted it on my Toro 32" WB. Ended up putting it on the control panel (similar to the way the one in the ad is mounted). So far I like it alot! Had to remove the lower jaw pad to better accomodate my trimmer. Seems to work fine that way. I could post a pic if anybody wants me to. Last week was the first time in service and it saved me several unnecessary trips to haveto make a special trip with the trimmer for backyards, which is what I use my 32 for. So, yep I'd do it again.