PDA

View Full Version : Calls?? What the!

sildoc
03-23-2004, 11:57 PM
In the last few days I have received alot of calls. Yes alot..... But what disturbs me much more than the price shopers is the number of people looking for work.
Do you all get this every year or is it different. This is the first time it has happened. In the last 5 days I have had over a hundred calls, of this I belive probably 20 or more were looking for work.
I am all about motivation and a person soliciting for work but I have stuff to do and can't be spending my time talking to these guys. I don't not want to answer my phone for the fear of missing that one nice job, but am dang near tired of getting every joe schome looking for work. What do you all do?

Thanks.

monkey9197
03-23-2004, 11:59 PM
i never get BS calls everyone who calls usually wants service. pick up the phone and u might get a lucky job for large amount of money

lawnwizards
03-24-2004, 12:04 AM
i had the same thing happened last month. this guy called wanting work. well, i told him that we weren't busy enough and if mid summer came and we got busy enough we would call him. well, 2 weeks later he called and i was like " what are you calling for?" he said, " you told me to call you in 2 weeks" and i said, " no i didn't. i said if we got busy enough i'd call you". the thing about it is he told me he was on disability and he had 7 customers himself... i was thinking of hiring him, finding out his 7 customers, then turning him in for working when he was disable...*lol*

monkey9197
03-24-2004, 12:05 AM
wow i dunno wyhat i was reading i screwed up completely haha

specialtylc
03-24-2004, 12:13 AM
I get calls every spring from guys and gals looking for work. Its no big deal to just tell them you are not hiring. Takes 10 seconds.