PDA

View Full Version : Kubota ZD21 hydraulic deck lift problems HELP!!!

tsmiff1
03-23-2004, 11:13 PM
The hydraulic deck lift is a really nice feature on the kubota zd21. But lately its getting to the point where its really slow coming up after its been running for a few minutes. And today it wouldn't come up at all after about 30minutes of mowing. When I first start it for the first time of the day it raises and lowers without any problems. But the longer it runs (15mins) the slower it gets. After about 30minutes or so it won't lift at all unless it is assisted. I checked the fluid level and it was fine. What else should I do?????

specialtylc
03-23-2004, 11:26 PM
I dont know, but I would take it to the dealer. The kubota factory is very good about warranty. Does the rest of the machine work OK. Have you done the fluid changes and cleaned the hyd. strainer, changed filters, etc.

tsmiff1
03-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Our dealer here is notorious for keeping equipment for two to three weeks for the simplest things. I'm trying to avoid taking it in and hoping to fix the problem my self. I will check the strainers and filters. Thanks for the info.

Eric 1
03-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by tsmiff1
Our dealer here is notorious for keeping equipment for two to three weeks for the simplest things. I'm trying to avoid taking it in and hoping to fix the problem my self. I will check the strainers and filters. Thanks for the info.

They dont give you a loner? most of the dealers here do...but you have to ask.

tsmiff1
03-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Yes, they do have a loaner.....ONE! And it is always out because they always have somebody's piece of equipment in there for service two to three weeks. Everybody in this area complains about their service. The problem is, they are selling walkers, kubotas, great danes, dixie choppers and Airens. All in stock on the showroom floor. But you break one and the service people are standing there scratching their heads.

proenterprises
03-25-2004, 10:22 AM
thats awful you only have one dealer. if the fluid is topped off, I would check the filter next. I used to run a john deere with a hydro lift deck when i mowed a farm 2 years ago. We had an issue at one point where we couldnt lift the deck without assiting it on both sides. I believe one of the lines had broken.