PDA

View Full Version : Bowie StrawBlowers

muddstopper
03-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Was talking to the Bowie dealer about a new straw blower. I was looking at one of the tailgate mulchers. Dealer claims the blower will work for vaccuming up leaves and such and blow into a trailer. No big news here but then he told me that the machine had enough suction to suck mulch out of a trailer and blow into beds thru a hose. Now I may have been born at nite but it wasnt last nite. He didnt have any hose on hand so I couldnt try it out. Has anybody here had any experiences with the Bowie strawblower and are these claims true. I was just looking for a good straw blower but if this is true the possibilities for extra$$$ without additional equipement has me considering buying one.

JB1
03-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Don't know about the Bowie, but I just bought a Finn B40, what a awsome machine.

charlies
03-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by JBLAWN
Don't know about the Bowie, but I just bought a Finn B40, what a awsome machine.

can it blow mulch from the back of a truck into beds?

He didnt have any hose on hand so I couldnt try it out.

i would tell him that I am very serious about buying the machine, but I will not consider it until he can back up his claims with a demonstration.

JB1
03-28-2004, 12:33 PM
I doubt very seriously you are going to find one that does both, I know you can't with this one or my old one.

muddstopper
03-29-2004, 04:43 AM
"i would tell him that I am very serious about buying the machine, but I will not consider it until he can back up his claims with a demonstration."

More or less what I told the dealer. The new blower does have a extra suction port for attaching a hose that the old style didnt have. It also has a door to close off where you feed the straw which is how I assume it creates its suction. I just wont be convinced it will suck bark off a truck and blow thru a hose until I see it. I have never seen a finn bark blower work but it somehow has to suck the bark into the blower before it can blow it out. I just dont see the tail gate mulcher having that much power so it might work somewhat, but I'm left wondering if it would be worth the trouble. If I wasnt already needing a straw blower I wouldnt even consider bark blowing as an option. If it does work as stated, that would definately make the Bowie a more desireable unit verses other models. I guess I need to go back and demand a demo, if nothing else to satisfy my curiosity.

Dunlaps LawnCare
09-26-2012, 03:13 PM
how did it work?

Turboguy
09-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Thats an old post. Muddstopper has gotten out of the landscaping business but still checks in once in a while. I don't think he ever bought the Bowie Strawblower. If I recall correctly he bought one from a new manufacturer in Georgia that has since gone out of business.

I really don't think the strawblowers I have seen on the market including Bowie do much other than blow straw.