PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?.....

sgallaher
03-24-2004, 12:13 AM
Today we were installing a new lawn for a customer. We had 32 yards of top soil delivered. I told the driver where to dump it and told him to be careful not to crack the sidewalk. Well, be backed-up in the driveway and ran off onto the sidewalk and cracked in really good. I told the driver and he was like "oh well" I have not had the chance to call the company yet but when I do what and how can i tell him that he needs to replace that section of the sidewalk. I know that he is going to say no. I informed the home owner that I will be contacting the trucking company about this. So what is y'alls advice?

bastalker
03-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Do YOU have insurance? I would go after the trucking company, but you were the contractor, an the trucking company was the sub contractor. You might just have to foot the bill....

Granted it is the trucking company that did the damage, but you cant get blood out of a rock.

I would call an attourney, aan see what he says..

Big M LawnnSnow
03-24-2004, 05:11 AM
Around here the drivers have us sign an "OK" like a waiver for them to drive or back onto the property. If you signed one, Your responsible.
Good Luck

IndyPropertyCare
03-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Bastalker.....Are you stoned ?? ROCKS Dont Bleed !!!!!! neither do Turnips .... Gallagher, call the trucking company and notify them of the damage that their equipment caused to the homeowners property. That is what we all carry insurance for :D

Geezzz.... I crack myself up sometimes :p

Mike Fronczak
03-24-2004, 08:02 AM
First thing I would do is see how much (get an estimate), of damage. Then decide. Is it a municiple sidewalk? That will definitly make a difference in who can repair it. If not I would remove the section myself, & have a mason replace it, shouldn't be more than couple hundred.
I agree about contacting trucking co., but I don't think it will get you any where. Around here they will not back off asphalt.

sgallaher
03-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Well I contacted the trucking company and he said he would cut out the dmaged sections & haul away and get it ready for new concrete. I'll just get someone else to pour it. Yeah I have insurance but I'd hate to make a claim on something so small. I'm hoping its not going to be a lot, don't know much about concrete.

zz218
03-24-2004, 05:27 PM
If you haven't paid for the top soil yet have someone repair sidewalk and deduct from what you owe them. Call and tell owner what estimate is he might say go ahead and do just that.