PDA

View Full Version : Makita commercial equipment?

lonnie
03-24-2004, 01:10 AM
I was looking on Alamia and saw alot of Makita equipment. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with their commercial equipment. Just wanting to know for future reference.

GarPA
03-24-2004, 05:32 AM
I got talked into buying one of their straight shaft trimmers...took it back in 2 days. Felt clumsy and did not cut as well as my ECHO's split booms.i

Also borrowed one of their hedge trimmers...I liked it allot.
Compared to my ECHO ht, much easier to start, much lighter, cut well. I would buy this machine when my ECHO wears out.

metro-hp_48
03-24-2004, 07:15 AM
A friend of mine bought 2 trimmers (used ones), and a new one last season.
He always liked them because they are super light-weight.
Tried to put a brush blade on it, and lasted 1 day. Always heard the motor was made by Robin.

Grass Master
03-24-2004, 07:16 AM
Good luck finding parts and a decent servicing dealer.

Stick with Echo...the best of both worlds.

metro-hp_48
03-24-2004, 07:27 AM
That's the wierd thing. One of the used one's he bought(not from any dealer), he took it to Makita, and they put on a new gear head and never charged him. (have yet to figure that out)
First time he ever went in there, just another stranger off the street. (they knew he didn't buy it there, and was old and wore out (ran comm. for many years..by another LCO)
Later he went back, and bought 2 clutches/drums, and I changed them for him.

I know what my Shind. dealer want's for a gear head (80.) and no telling what they would want to put it on (5 mins. job, tops)