PDA

View Full Version : is anyone using one of these???

slikrick
03-24-2004, 09:59 AM
ive seen this quick 36 hydro offered by 'better outdoor products' for $1995 which is about $2500 less than the exmark. never heard anyone ever say anything about them except for the one who is trying to promote them.... has anyone or is anyone using these things and what is it like? can you compare it to any other mower you have used? any other comments on this product pros or cons would be great! here is the site in case you never heard of them. new in the biz and have yet to buy my first WB, 36 is what im starting w/ and the savings is tempting.

http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/

Thanks
Richie

GPDesign1
03-24-2004, 10:16 AM
Hey Rick,

If you have a chance, drop an email to Greg Mullens at:

www.mylawnrangers.com

Greg and his partner Steve own a Quick36 and can give you their first-hand unbiased opinion on the machine.

Gary

Rhett
03-24-2004, 10:29 AM
GpDesign, The price is catchy on your new mower. How about letting one or even better two Lawnsite members demo one for a couple of weeks and pass on the reviews.

Thanks
Rhett

slikrick
03-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Rhett I think you have a great idea. Imagine what that could do for you GpDesign. I know I'd get one if the review was good. I speak for myself here but I have alot of faith in the fellow lawnsite members and I think so do alot of others.
think about it GpDesign. If its a great machine you shouldnt have a problem w/ it.

GPDesign1
03-24-2004, 11:23 AM
While I do appreciate what you're asking for, we're shipping every single unit we can build right now to customers.

If it gives you any comfort (about our product), Exmark asked us to private brand it to them. I doubt they'd risk putting their good name on something that wasn't 100%.

Thanks,
Gary

twins_lawn_care
03-24-2004, 11:44 AM
I am considering purchasing one of these units sometime this season myself. The thing that grabs me is it is brand new for that price.
Hopefully the busines will warrant the purchase of it, as it seems to be a great stepping stone for us.
I've gone through your website, and think it would be a great mower for us.

Are there any local (Chicago) places where I can actually look at one of these mowers? Or possible a company close who purchased one maybe I can contact to look at it?

Thanks,
Rob

noiseyvoyzey
03-24-2004, 02:29 PM
a family member of mine bought one I will let you guys know what I think as soon as he gets it

slikrick
03-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by noiseyvoyzey
a family member of mine bought one I will let you guys know what I think as soon as he gets it

that would be great!
thanks

spoolinaround
03-24-2004, 04:01 PM
I am interisted in these but I need something bigger then a 3"x3" pic of it, do you have something atleast 800x600 that you could e-mail me? ncls@buckeye-express.com

also at this price it cant be using 2 real hydro pumps & 2 motors, I am assuming it is dual single shaft hydrostatic drive units?

Gary1
04-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Rick, I see that you are located in Florida. Where. E-mail me and we can set up a time for you to come and try this mower yourself. I am not a sailsperson for BetterOutdoorProducts, I just own their mower. I do not get any kickbacks. I just get good results. But each person has their likes and dislikes. I'm one that just happens to like what I bought. My e-mail address is GRH76@juno.com. Let's get together.

And, yes, my name is Gary, too.

noiseyvoyzey
04-11-2004, 01:21 AM
my father in law got his last week, the machine looks pretty good in person, but i havnt really put the beating on it yet. the grass aint growing here yet so i cant give any info on the cut quality but i will keep you all posted.

Envy Lawn Service
04-11-2004, 01:36 AM
So it utilizes a standard hydrostatic lawn tractor transaxle? How do you turn it? Man power or skid steer?

Eric 1
04-11-2004, 09:38 PM
I am considering getting one this year, for the price and as little as i will use it you about cant go wrong. B.S parts are widely available, belts don't have to come from a dealer, go to a hardware store or industrial supply and get one, if the blades are standard get them at any dealer.

As far as his attitude yeah its not the best, but we all have bad days and he is just eager to sell his new thing, cut him a break.

And for the price if it only lasts say 2000 hrs you got you money out of it.It has its place as a small mower or an addition to a fleet of larger mowers, i know it would be a great addition to my 50'' Dixie and push mower.

Lets get some demo reports before we tear this dude apart, OK.

GPDesign1
04-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Let's review...

Originally, Slikrick (in Florida) asked if "anyone was using one of these" (the Quick36 mower).

I responded to what seemed like a legitimate inquiry and made a comment regarding a "high compliment" our machine was given by another manufacturer for which I was immediately attacked, threatened with legal action (by them) and called a liar.

Gamba persists in calling me a liar, saying the truth will come out in the great "Lawnsite washing machine"...

One of our customers who lives in Florida graciously offered to demo his Quick36 for Slikrick. Thus far, his offer has not been accepted.

My position on our product is not that it's "the best". There is no such thing as the best. My only point is that the Quick36 is a better value than anything else in this class currently offered by any company. It's a great mower at a very good price. Period.

Where my skin gets real thin is being called a liar by someone who has no way of knowing who said what to whom. But, then again, like a friend of mine always says, "Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still ******ed".

To paraphrase Dane Scag from their early days, The Better Outdoor Products Quick36 simply cuts better and costs less. And after all, isn't THAT the objective?

Gary

jwlawncare
04-12-2004, 10:34 AM
where is Advance, NC?

GPDesign1
04-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey JW,

We're about an hour and twenty minutes northeast of Charlotte. ~Ten miles west of Winston-Salem. I-40 exit #180.

You thinking about coming up for a visit? PM me and I'll send you my celphone number.

Gary

dcwalker
04-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Still haven't heard from anyone who has acually used the mower,have we? Would really like to hear an unbias opinion from someone who has used it.

poolboy
04-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Here’s my two cents. That mower should sell well here in the Houston area for a couple of reasons.

1- Your typical yard is less than 1/3 acre.
2- Every illegal immigrant here owns a lawn biz. I swear at anytime I can stick my head out the door and see 3-4 different companies at one time. And with the price being reasonable I can’t see why they wouldn’t sell down here.

I have a rent house that is currently vacant so now I have to do the yard up keep. It takes 1hr 15mins to mow the front yard alone with my Toro 22”. And with the summer heat heading our way I just may take a look at one of these machines.

44toy
04-18-2004, 12:28 AM
I know I am a scrub, but if possible I would be glad to drive to advance (about 40 miles or so) and go over a demo machine. Reply here with a review to answer some of holes that people who know mowers see in the companies pages of info.

mowingmachine
04-18-2004, 02:26 AM
Are there any dealers or is it factory direct? Is this mower made in the USA or elsewhere? Looks like a very nice mower for the price.

mowingmachine

Gary1
04-19-2004, 08:33 PM
DC....I am currently using this mower and am VERY pleased with the performance. It has done everything the company has stated it would do . This is a commercial grade mower and for half the cost of a like kind. If I didn't like the mower I wouldn't have bought it. I currently hope to buy two more in the future. I also run a Toro Z 72" and a Toro Z 48" bagger. My business is located in Florida where our mowers see a lot of turf. Gary

dcwalker
04-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Gary, how low can it cut and does the hieght adjust easily? I'm considering one of these as my first 36"

meathead1134
04-30-2004, 10:49 AM
I been looking at 1 of these myself. still looking a several more opinions

GPDesign1
04-30-2004, 10:58 AM
DC: The height of cut adjustment is very easy. Loosen two nuts on the back of the deck, slide it where you want it and retighten. Set your front forks to match like any other walk-behind. Takes about two minutes. Height of cut range is 1" to 4" in 1/2" increments.

Gary