PDA

View Full Version : Worth It?

eazy
03-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Hello,
I was just wanting to know if it is worth it to spend the extra
2 to 3 thousand dollars on an exmark with the liquid cooled Kawasaki engine? Will be a 52 or a 60 inch cut ride!!

Thanks for your time,
eazy

locutus
03-24-2004, 01:20 PM
What were you thinking about buying that would cause their to be a three thousand dollar difference in price? A Craftsman perhaps? Spend you money on high quality commercial equipment and you wont be disappointed.

eazy
03-24-2004, 05:14 PM
The exmark Z, thought I put that information in the opening.

Thanks,
eazy

eazy
03-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Anymore input?

Thanks,
eazy

Flipperneck
03-24-2004, 07:43 PM
I would buy it without the better engine, rip that one out as a backup and buy the other engine and throw it on. It would end up costing the same but you get a free engine.

bugspit
03-24-2004, 08:22 PM
If you're wanting quick feedback I don't think it will happen. I'm also a new member trying to decide on a new ZTR also wanting feedback. I've quit waiting and did searchs to determine what people think.

Personally I wouldn't spend the extra, it all depends on how quick your return on investment will be. I'm small time, so 6K will be about what I made last year, and was the price that I've been looking at. I also will be paying cash.
I'm going to start looking at used equipment but I want a 50" deck, and that might be hard to find.

One thing though, most guys that do it for a living will tell you to buy the best equipment with the most HP.

wattsup
03-24-2004, 09:17 PM
If there is a 3k difference it is not worth it. I bought a Lazer Z last year with the 27 Kohler and it has plenty of power. I can not in any way justify spending an extra 3k for basically the same mower. Just my opinion.