PDA

View Full Version : Ride-on Weed only

scweedman
03-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Does anyone use their PG for insect control or fungi application?

TSM
03-24-2004, 01:12 PM
yeah, we'll do insect control with the ride-on. few years ago we had an epidemic of armyworms, not something that is generally a problem on our lawns, ride-on with Talstar did a nice job.

Fungicides, no, i beleive you need a higher volume of water for fungi applications.

scweedman
03-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Did you put the talstar in with the weed control?
Do you use the PG mix chart for the Talstar?

TSM
03-24-2004, 03:31 PM
we never have put Talstar in with weed control, but that is not a problem to do if you wish too.

we typically just spot spray for weeds. so if we had talstar in with the mix we'd only be getting spot treatment as well. If you blanket your weed control then that would be different, you'd get a uniform application of insect control.

For us, it just make more sence to spot spray weeds with the ride-on and we carry a 50gal tank that would have talstar.

earlier i mentioned using the ride-on with talstar, but that was for an army worm epidemic that we have never seen before in this area. so for quick treatment for armyworm we used the ride-on but we only sprayed the talstar, no herbicide with that treatment.

as far as the PG chart... to be honest we dont go by that. we know how many sq ft we get out of the 8 gal tank. we read the labels of the products we want in the tank. Label tells us the rate or the amount of product per 1000sf. and we're off and running (or i should say riding)