PDA

View Full Version : Weedeaters- Sthil: Echo: or Shindawa

kmeforou
03-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Who makes the best and most dependable for the money. I do know the Shindawa is about 30.00 more than the Echo at our local dealer. I have always used Redmax, but all the dealers in this area are dropping this line because of distribution problems. I am tired of trying to find parts. I had a mechanic tell me the new Echos are as good as Shindawa. I would like to hear what you all have to say. Thank you.

Eric 1
03-24-2004, 01:34 PM
When i was at the echo dealer last week hs was telling me that the echo engines are rated for 300 hrs by the epa while most are 100-150. I have never herd this but from the prices and because I liked him i will be buying a echo 260 power source and pb460 blower in the next month or so. I feel that this is the best bang for the buck. Good luck.

terracare
03-24-2004, 02:26 PM
You'll probably find a bigger response for shindaiwa. It's all we run and we really like them

Todd

BW4486
03-24-2004, 02:41 PM
SHINDIAWA........................................................................................... ...................................................................................................

GCMow
03-24-2004, 03:38 PM
we have 12 Echo and thay all run great.

PROCUTSLAWNCARE
03-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Echo 2601 trimmer or it might be renamed to a 261, still the best out on the market!!!!! 300 bucks I think too?

ElephantNest
03-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Shindaiwa, nothing but.

josh84
03-24-2004, 05:41 PM
I use echo for my blowers and edgers, but i do have one shindaiwa string trimmer. both have worked great for me, I think they are both great products, but i have to admit i am a little more fond to my shindaiwa

josh

Ground Effects NH
03-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ElephantNest
Shindaiwa, nothing but.

Yes, Yes, Yes, I Run Shindaiwa very happy to the point that I will not even look at another brand, you need it, it runs an runs great

johnbast3
03-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Take a look at the Kawasakis,light and powerful..Jb

Luscious Lawns
03-24-2004, 07:41 PM
I use almostly exclusively Echo hand tools. They are very dependable. I've owned Husky and Stheil and Redmax, Echo seems the most bang for the buck. My oldest Echo has about 1000 hours on it. I also like to mantain 1 brand line in order to simplfy spare parts handeling. There is also a great destributor network in N. GA

Buba
03-24-2004, 08:37 PM
kmeforou, you might want to let Red Max know about you dealer situation in your area. Red Max builds a great product and they should here of your concerns. Good luck

Buba
03-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Kmeforou, You should email Red Max and let them know about the situation in your area. Red Max builds great products and they should know the concerns from their customers. Good luck.

lawnman_scott
03-24-2004, 08:46 PM
My first choice is stihl, 2nd is echo, 3rd is anything but shindiawa. I owned 2 of those and were very weak and nothing but trouble. But, I think its a personal choice because obviously there are people here that swear by them.

luke125
03-24-2004, 08:53 PM
if want the best engine i would get the shin

kmeforou
03-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks again for your imput. Redmax has made it so hard on the dealers in our area that none of good dealers want to carry their line anymore. They have gone through numerous distributors in our area and each time a change occurs, problems develope. The main problem is getting parts, but this has been on going. I feel they will be very lucky if they can get established in the Tulsa area again. I also feel for the salesman that has to work this area.

Concerning the weedeaters, the responses seem to be about 50/50 between Echo and Shindaiwa. I guess I will have to weigh the variable factors( cost vs power) in making my final decision. I only wish they had the Sthil head on them. I have tried the other three and they did not seem to hold up as well. Thanks again.

ElephantNest
03-24-2004, 09:25 PM
All my shins have the stihl heads. Some I waited until the originals wore out, others I replaces right off the bat. Perfect match, shin with stihl head.

joed
03-24-2004, 09:28 PM
All three have their strengths and weaknesses. I have owned all three brands. My findings are:
Stihl: great engines, a bit hard to start, easy cutting head
Echo: good prices, easy to start, engines are weaker than other brands.
Shindaiwa: great engine, easy to start, good cutting head system

Though all three are good, Shindaiwa is the best I have owned. The T230 is a terrific trimmer that is light weight, easy to start and powerful.

Good Luck

Grass Master
03-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Echo....

great products, great power, quiet and awesome dealer support.

Try the SRM-260.....NICE

grassredneck
04-03-2004, 11:07 PM
I use only Shin sticks but I've used Echo when working for another company and found them to be good also, I just bought the Shin because I liked their blower the most and decided to stick with one brand to simplify getting my parts from one place
when and if I need them

Edgewater
04-03-2004, 11:16 PM
My dealer has had both Shin and Echo for manyt years.

He said the sales fdor the two are equal, but year after year the Echos fill the shop and shins are working.

My dealer has 3 municipalities and 9 cmetaries on shindaiwa. The largest cemetary has like 40,000 stones. They use t-270's and some are almost 10 years old. I have seen thier tool shop. There are alomost 40 T-270's on the wall.

I will never look at any others, shindaiwa all the way.

Adam

Lbilawncare
04-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Stihl FS110 4-mix , our FS85's have been great but they cannot touch the power of the 110's. Durability has not been proven yet.

Heron Cove PM
04-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by kmeforou
Who makes the best and most dependable for the money. I do know the Shindawa is about 30.00 more than the Echo at our local dealer. I have always used Redmax, but all the dealers in this area are dropping this line because of distribution problems. I am tired of trying to find parts. I had a mechanic tell me the new Echos are as good as Shindawa. I would like to hear what you all have to say. Thank you.

None of them make WEED EATERS. But they do make STRING TRIMMERS. :D come on guys

exmarkjockey
04-04-2004, 02:12 PM
My dealer and I have a deal. If I have to do anything to my Shindaiwa for up to 3 years I get a new one for free. So far I haven't had any problems. I also own a Stihl and it has been a great trimmer. I used an Echo for one week and hated it so much that I will never even think about purchasing one. Go with the Shindaiwa, the extra 30.00 is well worth it.

turf9
04-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by exmarkjockey
My dealer and I have a deal. If I have to do anything to my Shindaiwa for up to 3 years I get a new one for free. So far I haven't had any problems. I also own a Stihl and it has been a great trimmer. I used an Echo for one week and hated it so much that I will never even think about purchasing one. Go with the Shindaiwa, the extra 30.00 is well worth it.

thats a pretty cool dealer none of them are that brave up here
Shin all the way for me too.

lilred731
04-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Of all of the string trimmers I have used I have enjoyed using my Shindiawa the most.

Leisure Lawn
04-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Echo......Echo...Echo.....

The best stuff I have ever used and I have tried them all. Echo has the best combination of price, power, quality and, most important to me, dealer support!!

Echo.......