PDA

View Full Version : Specials For New Customers

LawnEmpire
03-24-2004, 11:36 PM
First off Im new here but i have a question for all of you. well, I thought it would be a good idea to offer specials on my flyers for new customers, kinda reel them in type thing. Well I decided to go with Free Spring Clean-up with season contract or 15% off every 4th cut. Well i got a few phone calls to submit bids on weekly maintanence etc and then they take the free spring clean-up. I think it might be hurtin me but then again I am gettin a season contract. What do you guys think??? Also when i do spring clean-up most of the time i include the 1st cut unless the customer doesnt want it but i charge for the cut so its not like im walkin away with nothing. Let me know what ya think

MudslinginFX4
03-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Well, it all depends on what you do with a spring clean up. I have some customers (actually many) who are well into the $2000-$3000 dollar range. Ain't no way I would give that to them. Maybe you reword that or be very specific about your specials, you wouldn't want to get stuck. I usually put something like 5% off of pinestraw with the purchase of at least 50 bales. Or maybe a free lawn cut with the purchase of a spring clean up.

LawnEmpire
03-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Hey thanks for the input. My spring clean-ups usually include getting any debris off the lawn like leaves and debris out of flower beds. Also with the 15% off every 4th cut, what do you people think of that? I figure it like this. I cut about 6 months out of the year and if im mowing once a week, so 4 times a month, there only gettin 15% off 6 times. Which on lets say a $30 yard comes out to be $27 for the season. So im only missin out on 27 bucks but then I gotta think about what if 20 customers did that. Thats $540 with 20 customers who all use the %15 off every 4th cut. I dont know let me know. Good idea or Bad idea??????

JCPSME
03-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Well let's see $30 yard X (4 cuts/mo X 6 mos)= $720 X 20 customers = $14,400. $540 = 3.75% of your gross.

CBus
03-28-2004, 03:31 AM
I'm coming into this business from retail management, and I can tell you that 3.75% of your gross is not a lot to lose on a promotion. Well, not in retail, anyway.

BillyRgn
03-28-2004, 11:51 PM
i sometimes just offer the first lawn mow for half price and the seems to work well for 1/4 to 1/2 acre lots that i get

codywyomingus
03-31-2004, 07:28 PM
senoir citizen discounts, new client referrals, a free cut at end of season for loyal customers, with there accounts in good standing. Gift certificates, for a dinner out, etc.