PDA

View Full Version : weed control/killer

straightlinelawns
03-24-2004, 11:21 PM
what do you guys put in your back pack sprayers to spot kill weeds in yards and flower beds? broad leaf killer? round-up? also what backpack spray do yall use?i am looking for something that is concentrated so i can mix with water and put in the sprayer and when i see weeds i can spray them. thanks

laborador
03-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Check this page out. This is what I use and it is cheaper getting here then at your local stores. Be carefull not to step in this stuff or you will leave dead grass foot prints.

http://store.yahoo.com/btgrowersupply/rounquikprod.html

j fisher
03-25-2004, 08:30 PM
You do not want to use a non selecetive herbicide such as round up on a lawn. It will kill the grass as well as the weed. OK for bed areas where you may have weeds and grass. For lawns, you need a selective herbicide, that will not harm the grass. Personally, for broadleaf weed control, I use 2-4-D. There are some grasses that you can't use this on, such as Bent Grass. If you are not licensed to apply chemicals, you should not be using anything!!

laborador
03-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Sorry that I did not mentioned you should not use quick pro roundup on the grass, I use it strictly for plant beds and I tell the customer that I can not controll the weeds in the yard.

scweedman
03-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Shindawa backpack sprayers are the best.

khutch
03-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by scweedman
Shindawa backpack sprayers are the best.

Really? WHY?.....................

specialtylc
03-27-2004, 09:09 PM
You need a Applicator license for what you want to do. Get your license and then you will know what to use.

Runner
03-27-2004, 11:43 PM
LOL .... and what kind of backpack sprayers are the best.....:rolleyes: