PDA

View Full Version : same question yet again

gophergetter
03-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Hey Everyone,Sorry for being so long winded, but really need help on a new/newer mower.Problem is,I live in a pretty remote area and only shop in town sells/services only Honda and Husqvarna.Could drive to Reno, but 40min. is some serious down time for a one man operation.Plus would really like to keep it local.I have 2 com. accounts that total about 6 acres and multiple res. accounts with both good and bad access.To top it off I only mow about 5.5 to 6 months a year due to snow.Whew!!!Looking at a Walker model s, a hydro drive w/b toroand snapper and lastly a Husqvarna hydro w/b. Any help would be great.Thanks!!!!

Mark Lawncare
03-25-2004, 08:52 PM
40 min doesn't seem that bad. If you get a good peice of equipment you won't have to go to the dealer to often. I'd go with the Walker WB.

gophergetter
03-25-2004, 11:47 PM
thanks for the input.
Iwas thinking also of just getting another honda commercial and having an employee. What do you think? Calls are coming left and right!

grass_cuttin_fool
03-25-2004, 11:53 PM
I love my toro, I havent used any of the others, and I prefer the T-Bar over the pistol grip, just my 2 cents worth

gophergetter
03-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Hey Fool (no disrespect),Do you have a fixed or floating deck, if floating, is it pretty tough?

grass_cuttin_fool
03-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Yes i have the floating deck, lots of my accounts are country yards and not level, i have hung it a time or two and it is tuff, hasnt bent yet, my scag is a fixed deck and it wants to scalp at times and these are my primary mowers and the pistol grips would wear me out on an 8 hour day, my hands would cramp so bad. The scag cuts great I just dont like the controls. A friend of mine had a toro with t-bar steering and after 5 minutes of using it i was hooked and had to have it, hope this helps some

shepoutside
03-26-2004, 12:42 AM
Can't go wrong with the Walker, love mine :)