PDA

View Full Version : Mulch & Enclosed Trailer

TimberlandGrounds
03-25-2004, 02:29 PM
I use an enclosed trailer to haul my lawn cutting equipment (it is a car hauler, rear ramp door). I have several clients that want me to do their mulch, several of them are 12-20 yards of mulch. I am trying to figure out the most economical way to get mulch to their houses. I have a 3/4 ton truck, but that only takes 2 yards.

I am tyring to determine if a skid loader would be able to drive up the rear ramp of my trailer, and dump mulch in the back of my enclosed trailer. I know it will fit (width), height will be a problem, but the loader would only go in as far as it could go.

My concern is weight. I am just not sure if an enclosed trailer (rear ramp) could take the weight of the skid loader.

Does anyone else do this? Any suggestions?

BigEd
03-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Have it delivered, over 10 yards theres no delivery fee from my guy.

BSDeality
03-25-2004, 02:58 PM
delivery! even if its not free $20 isn't going to break the bank.

Randy Scott
03-25-2004, 09:11 PM
The rear door will not hold the weight of a skid-steer.

Just have it delivered.

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Have it delivered and work any delivery charge into your price.

Derek

Border Guy
03-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Not a good idea to drive the skid steer on your trailer ramp. It may bend the door over time. If you get a track loader, that may be a different story. Check with the trailer manufacturer for capacities to make sure.

NEUSWEDE
03-26-2004, 12:00 AM
rent a dump trailer and load your truck and the dump trailer I am sure it would be your best bet. loading an enclosed trailer will be a pain in the ass and probably mess up the wood on the inside because it is warm and wet.
good luck
Dylan

gator-town
03-26-2004, 06:35 AM
have it delivered and charge minimum handling fee (10%-15%) for coordination .