PDA

View Full Version : laser printer

James Cormier
03-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Anyone using laser printers for invoices? I got a nice printer-scanner-copier that I use for all my printing but my invoices are done on real green forms so I don't need the color ink.

Ive read that a laser printer will go faster use less ink and in the long run be cheaper than ink jet.

Ive been pricing out printers and It seems like 400-600 is the price range for these.

any thoughts?

of course I would keep the other printers I have and only use the laser for high speed black & white printing

TheGrassGuy
03-25-2004, 06:42 PM
You should get a better price than that on a laser printer in the US. I picked up a HP Laserjet 1000 last year for $300 Canadian. I think they have a newer model now. It is faster and cheaper than an inkjet per page. Good print quality but not made for graphics. I am very pleased with it. I have used about 2000 pages so far without having to replace the toner.

James Cormier
03-25-2004, 06:45 PM
laserjet and laser are they the same thing?

Cause i see laserjets are cheaper so i thought they where not real laser printer?

ksland
03-25-2004, 06:48 PM
I bought a COLOR Laser printer for $279, yes thats right $279 brand new at staples.

TSM
03-25-2004, 06:48 PM
laser and laserjet are the same, i think?

We use an older HP laserjet 1200 series, fast (yet i do believe it is one of the slower HP series printer)

$279 for color...thats a great deal. color lasers have been coming down in price

James Cormier
03-25-2004, 06:55 PM
From what ive read the cheaper "color lasers" are not true laser printers, so there's not much difference between them and what I got, I love my HP PSC500, it just seems like i am always at staple buying those dam print cartidges

get rich
03-25-2004, 08:43 PM
I just bought a great brand new four in one printer off e-bay for about 150 including shipping. HP PSC 2210 ALL IN ONE. Works great for me. E-BAY is full of great deals if you can find em, and watch em.

Cheryl
03-25-2004, 10:56 PM
James,

They make refill and re-manufactured cartridges for your printer. Here is a sample site I found. Search the NET for the best price.

http://www.pacificink.com/printer.php?Desc=hp-psc-500

Ric
03-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ksland
I bought a COLOR Laser printer for $279, yes thats right $279 brand new at staples.

ksland

My default printer is a Brothers laser and my back up is a HP Desk jet. I love the speed of the laser and the fact I can load 250 pages at a time. If I want to print in color I just select the HP Ink jet.

Now space is always important so one printer would be better. Also Laser ink does not smear like ink-jet when it gets wet. So the question is what model Laser do you have and what kind of Graphics do you get. $ 279.00 is cheap enough for a color laser.