PDA

View Full Version : Concrete Curbing

Border Guy
03-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Just wanted to find out what everyones take is on concrete landscape edging. Would you take an opportunity to make a decent profit on subbing out for this service without investing in the equipment and materials? Do you see it as a threat or an additional service to ad for your customers.

terracare
03-26-2004, 09:08 AM
We looked into it and were very impressed with it. I like it, some others here didn't seem to on the last thread I saw.

Todd

BSDeality
03-26-2004, 09:51 AM
concrete doesn't belong in the landscape in my opinion. perhaps it could be used for municipal or commercial properties

D Felix
03-26-2004, 02:13 PM
I have stated here before, and will stand by it still: Concrete edging has NO place in a residential landscape. Not only does it look tacky (just like red mulch), it makes future bed expansion difficult and costly.

I'm not even sure I would use it in a commercial application either.

Dan

Randy Scott
03-26-2004, 11:21 PM
I just don't know what the purpose of it is. What could it possibly offer that the other edging materials don't already? I can just see that stuff moving in the soils and cracking all over. To properly prepare a base for it around twisting landscape beds and to have it provide better results than natural edging, plastic edging, or brick edging, I just don't see it.

mottster
03-27-2004, 12:58 AM
i like it...have had it on one of my previous houses. It doesn't way nothin and its self supporting...so you don't have to make a base...just remove sod. Very sturdy and hardy...perfect for triming...mulch doesn't get flung everywhere. Dies can be added to the concrete to make it match the landscape. adds a contemporary feel to the landscape.

And whats wrong with red mulch? lol jk

Trim Creations
03-27-2004, 05:23 PM
I do a lot of curbing. Residential, and commercail just finished puting in 2276.ft at a golf coures. to keep on the cart path