PDA

View Full Version : perfect treatment truck revisited

James Cormier
03-26-2004, 11:16 AM
http://gmccommercialtrucks.com/landscape.html

Here is the link for what I think is the perfect truck for guys using ride on fert machines.

Its the bottom truck, vanscraper, I would need a side swing out or roll up door to be able to load a pallet of fert. Also a curb door on the side to beable to walk in with out opening the back door.

Sometime this season I will be pricing this out So I will let you all know how much this perfect set up will cost me.

turfsolutions
03-26-2004, 05:47 PM
That's one nice size billboard. Let us know on prices.

NJemerald
03-26-2004, 10:17 PM
I really like that Vanscaper setup. The 1/2 ramp on the back is also a very nice idea. You could work out of rear without having to lower ramp EVERY time!
That side door would have to be pretty wide to fit a pallet of fert through it, Do they make a door wide enough? A roll up door on the curb side would be great AND you would not have the door swinging out / hanging in your way!

James Cormier
03-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Ive seen some swing out doors on sides of other box trucks that would be wide enough for a pallet, Roll up would work but It may be in the way of the back roll up door (tracks)

DUSTYCEDAR
03-27-2004, 09:27 AM
my friend has a vanscaper style truck
it is great i was going to order 1 last year but things changed
the only thing i saw as a problen was the last 4 feet of the deck in the box is sloped so u cant put anything on it or u cant oppen the door if it slides into it
16-4=12ft of usable space just a thought
i was looking to put it on a isuzu chassy got costly fast
u also cant tow a trailer with this setup
my final thought was i could get a ford cube van all set up with the body 15 ft usable space and a 351 gaser for 25k then weld on a ramp and still pull a trailer if needed.
all together i had a new truck for 27 grand out makeing money
the cabover and the vanscaper body was what i would like to have in the future but the cost was about 10 grand more
in the end i ended up with a van oh well