PDA

View Full Version : advice

themowingguy
03-26-2004, 12:49 PM
i know that youáll think iscrewed up but i bought a snapper fastback 21 horse 52 "cut.like the mower very well but when it gets in thick stuff it wants to choke down.talked to dealer and he said it should not do this.am carrying it back to have him check it
out.is it the govenor or what? the mower should have plenty of power or i would think so.any suugestions would be appreciated.

charlies
03-27-2004, 07:41 PM
maybe it just doesn't have enough horsies.

jajwrigh
03-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Did you type your post with your feet? Geez...

codywyomingus
03-31-2004, 06:46 PM
Snapper isn't the best choice for commercial use. But since your've got it, I'd say if the grass is wet or thick, try bringing the height up a bit & only use 1/2 of the width of the mower, using the part of the mower that is opposite of the chute!! This should get it to process the grass while letting the engine catch it's breath.

themowingguy
03-31-2004, 06:58 PM
why is it that snapper is not such a good mower?i looked at toro,ferris and exmark but thought the new snappers wer built as good.as far as service they looked easier to work on etc.i know that tor and all of the others have a better reputation.but my exmark dealer could not be trusted and the other mowers just seemed a lot higher but didn''t appear to look like that much price difference.this is my first ztr.