PDA

View Full Version : spring clean up

growinandmowin
03-26-2004, 07:56 PM
i recently gave a estimate of $360 to a customer for a spring clean up. it included leaf removal, three large piles of branches to be removed, 3 christmas trees already cut down removed, and a couple of large logs to be taken away. well for me i have no where to dispose of these items except the local dump.$ i figured it would take me a good 8 hrs to complete including loading and dumping. the customer said i was way too high. i know some people want DEALS. but i didnt think that was unreasonable. i am new to the clean up end of things. any opinions are appreciated.

Artistic Blooms
03-26-2004, 08:09 PM
how much leaf removal? will you be doing alot of raking or using a leaf blower? how many bags do you expect to fill? will you be the only one on the job? does anything have to be done to the logs first,like cutting to aid in removal?

SLAM
03-26-2004, 08:12 PM
I think your price is very reasonable. A days labor plus fuel, dump costs, insurance costs, and everything else I think you may even be low. The one thing I learned is never lower your price. It is what it is. Walk away and tell them if they change their mind give you a call.

Randy Scott
03-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Seems way high to me.

charlies
03-26-2004, 10:52 PM
seems reasonable to me.

sounds like you could be taking a full load to the dump.

Ol'time Lawncare
03-27-2004, 12:58 PM
watch your pricing. too cheap. and sounds like you need a helper,,how may yards of crap do they have , how much can your trailor haul, think about all this when you give estimate if you lose it, just move on to the next,they will find lil john to dump it in the woods for them!lol

growinandmowin
03-27-2004, 10:49 PM
thanks for the replys. sometimes the little ones that get away bother ya.

EagleLandscape
03-28-2004, 12:42 AM
8 hours... i would have charged 480 bucks. Too cheap. I just bid a 325 job for tomorrow thatll take me 3 hours. :-D All profit.