PDA

View Full Version : what could it be

bonerigo.1
03-26-2004, 08:56 PM
I have a '99 Ford Ranger that only acts up with the trailer on it. When you open the drivers side door you hear the usual dinging for warn you that the door is open. The problem is when you close the door the dinging doesnt stop for 10 to 20 seconds. Also when you drive down the raod sometimes the light will come on that says that the door is open and it will start dinging then and the overhead light comes on. I have had this truck for over a year and it only does it when the trailer is on. Its not a huge problem but really annoying after awile.

jaybird
03-26-2004, 09:05 PM
same problem here with a 97 ford f-150

grass_cuttin_fool
03-26-2004, 09:26 PM
I wonder if the added lights to the electical system is affecting the computer some how, Also a bad ground will do funny things to a dc voltage system, It will be interesting to see what the problem is

xcopterdoc
03-27-2004, 07:44 PM
your door switch is out of adjustment. when it happens, roll down yur window and pull in on the door. It will stop. adjust the switch and all will be well.

CNE
04-04-2004, 05:19 PM
I think xcopterdoc has it right. It sounds like the chassis is flexing with the extra weight of the trailer enough to let the door pull slightly away from the jamb switch. I don't know if the switch is adjustable but the door should be. Have it tightend into the door jamb a little.

youngdude
04-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Thanks for all your help, the door adjusting worked!

LawnPerfect
04-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by CNE
I think xcopterdoc has it right. It sounds like the chassis is flexing with the extra weight of the trailer enough to let the door pull slightly away from the jamb switch. I don't know if the switch is adjustable but the door should be. Have it tightend into the door jamb a little.

BINGO!!!

adding a few more letters here