PDA

View Full Version : Opinion wanted on the perfect setup

Smitty58
03-27-2004, 09:04 AM
I am trying to decide which way to go for the "perfect" setup. What works best for everyone else: Flatbed truck ,open trailer ,enclosed trailer ,or would a combination work better? A flatbed truck with a enclosed trailer for example ,or maybe a van with open trailer. Of course if money were no object it wouldn't be as tough to figure out ,but money is a very important factor. So what works best for you ,and if you have pics pleas post them. I know there are probably lots of rookies and veterans that would benefit from everyones experience.

Smitty58
03-27-2004, 12:38 PM
With all the people on here talking about their setups ,I can't believe there are no responses. Come on everyone brag on yourselves and show off your stuff.

bryand28
03-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Smitty, i've only been doing it for about 3 years and have had a truck trailer combo the whole time,,, i pulled the trailer the first year with my z71 and that was a mistake,,, totally RUINED my brakes on it,, so last year we bought a one ton chevy and its just too hard on gas,, this year we're looking to buy one of the isuzu's with a landscape bed,, my buddy has one, much easier to turn around and better gas mileage and i think it looks a lot more professional. just my opinion

Jusmowin
03-28-2004, 04:42 PM
I dont know if its "perfect" but its what works for me! 94 3/4 chevy w/350 HO and 400 turbo tranny. I tow a 6x12 texas bragg open trailer, Its kind of a small setup but maybe Ill add a 14 ft open trailer w 4 ft mesh sides for next year.

Avery
03-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Perfect for me is a flat bed GMC 4500. But what works for me will not work for everyone.

Randy Scott
03-28-2004, 07:10 PM
What are you doing? Mowing? Fert? Landscaping? How many employees? City or suburbs? Property size and parking room?

Way too many variables here. Oh yeah, how much you got to spend?