PDA

View Full Version : belly mower and bush hog

kgribbins
03-27-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm looking for one tractor that will allow me to use a bush hog on 20 acres that I cut 3-4 times a year and a switch to a belly mower on my 2 acre lawn that I cut weekly. This tractor needs to be low maintenance. Can anyone out there make a recommendation or have a similar experience?

thanks

K Gribbins

Avery
03-27-2004, 04:08 PM
JD makes several models that will allow you do to this. I think you would be better off with a 3 point finish mower though. Belly mowers are a PITA.

morturf
03-28-2004, 12:48 PM
I have 2 4410 JD's. I have bush hog and a belly mower. I find that the belly mower of the JD is by far the easiest to put on and take off. I have friends with Kubotas and New Hollands and those really stink to remove. I find that I can remove my belly mower in less than 3 min and put it on in about 5min. It will take you about 5 times to get that good at it but it is really easy and my 83 yr old dad does it all the time. There is no lifting. It is a really good mower that you can see when you are mowing. I have tried the 3 pt mower and didn't like it, but maybe it was just that i needed to use it for a while. I don't think you could go wrong with a JD from a 955 to the newer models. I would avoid the 4000 series that is not at least a 4x10 the ten part being most important. The older 4000 series are not too great. Good Luck,
mike