PDA

View Full Version : Flyers

bleroy000
03-27-2004, 07:54 PM
I copied a whole bunch of flyers, standard paper size, and was wondering what is the best way to distribute them, or what method do you use to advertise and what seems to be the most effective, i've heard the most effect of course is word of mouth, but since i am just starting I don't have any customers to spread the word around...Any advice would be greatly appreciated...THANKS

luke1
03-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Go door to door, leave them on the mailbox,(not on the flag or in the mailbox). might get a few people mad that way. Keep at it. I started myself this year. So far I have found the easy way to advertise with little or no funds is to place flyer's.

Exess100
03-28-2004, 08:20 PM
I just started out this year also. I got 1000 flyers made and started putting them on the mailboxes. I got about 400 out and like 10 calls and 2 accounts. We just did out very first account(a clean up)this past Fri and went well. Just keep on getting out there and get thoes flyers out. I also just bought 500 names and addresses of new home owners and gonna give that a try. Good Luck to you.

kootoomootoo
03-28-2004, 09:16 PM
drop them from a plane .....worked well last time

Team Gopher
03-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi Bleroy,

Here is a post (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66910)that may be helpful in giving you more ideas.

bleroy000
03-31-2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks for finding that post for me Team Gopher, it really helped, I went out today and went door-to-door, passed out about 50 flyers, and got 2 weekly mowing jobs, and 3 Spring Cleanings.....The Advice really helped thxs to all...:D

Toehill
03-31-2004, 10:25 PM
Hey ive gotten 50 % of my buss off of flyers put your price in the flyer that way they dont have to mess with the estimate and you either they call and say it says 45 bucks a mow trim and blow say yep but is your yard in bad shape they say yes say i usaully charge double the first trip then its 45 after that next thing you know you got an employee problem...................

EagleLandscape
03-31-2004, 10:52 PM
It's illegal to put them on a mailbox. Don't even try it.

mjensen
03-31-2004, 11:26 PM
jwingfield2k ...your a 100% correct it is illegal to put them in the mailbox or tap them to the side of the multiboxes. I suggest getting one of the local guys to do the work for you and droping them at the door. This is a cheap way and legal way to due business. good luck

chris28
04-02-2004, 12:17 AM
I put out flyers in mailboxes and the local postmaster called me up and spanked me over the phone. He said I could be charged for every mailbox I put them in. He further stated that I could not put flyers anywhere that they would touch the mailbox. He suggested putting them in doors, but then you also have to worry about local ordinances about soliciting.
Luckily the post office didn't pull out all my flyers and I still got some calls. Now I drive the developments and mail them out to the lawns I want. Seems to be working.

JimBab
04-04-2004, 08:59 PM
I have been advertising the same way for 10 years. I print my own flyers with business cards that I also print taped to the bottom. I then post them in heavy traffic businesses..usually on bulletin boards. Be sure to check them often to restock your cards. It is also important to replace any tattered signs. Business owners hate messy bulletin boards and sometimes take them down! The business cards are the key because a woman with an arm full of groceries will not put them down to look for a pen to copy your number. Good luck!!