PDA

View Full Version : z spray ride on areator

anthony
03-28-2004, 10:55 AM
who on this forum owns the z spray ride on areator?are they worth it? i work alone and can push areations but it kills me...
it looks like a real time saver.
anthony

turfsolutions
03-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Yo Ant, Its on the top of my wish list. If things go well this year I will have one before fall. Aeration put me out of commision 2 weeks last year, and slowed me down the next 4 months. Dusty, a lawnsite member lives by me has one and offered to demo it to me. I've heard good things. Lets take a ride on over if you can't find one locally.

Kelly

MASTERPIECE
03-28-2004, 09:31 PM
We currently use a Ryan 28. It tore me up last year. Now, after shoulder surgery this winter we are going to purchase the z-aerator later this summer or early fall. I live within a few hours of the plant and the machine looks very well built. Just my two cents.

anthony
03-29-2004, 05:42 AM
kelly: i e mailed dusty ...i will keep you posted....aeration kills me to..
ant

Lawn Solutions
03-30-2004, 04:08 AM
I bought a gator rator and have used it several times this spring and it works great, although ground was not dryed out.

I have it mounted on a 48" tank mower for access to most of my yards that have a gated yard.

I did a 20,000 sq. ft. yard in 1'15" (it had lots of trees) making
multiple passes in some areas. Pulled 3 to 4 inch cores.

James Cormier
03-31-2004, 03:25 PM
The gator rator seems like a good idea gone bad, To much stress on the frame of the mower, cant turn with it in the ground and not wide at all.

If you allready have a z mower just buy a pull behind from lesco or millcreek, 48" wide, you can turn with the heads down and It cost $1500.00 lessthan than the gator rator

robertsturf
03-31-2004, 03:39 PM
Have you tried a Lesco split-drive aerator. I bought one last fall and had very few issues with my back. I'm 6'4" , and some aerators really work me over. This one is very fast and steers like a walk-behind.