PDA

View Full Version : Shrub problems

Itsgottobegreen
03-29-2004, 02:22 PM
I have at my house and 5 or so customers with shrubs with the tops dried up and brown. I guess it was winter burn, but i don't to tell the customer thats it and its not. :blob2: thanks in advance.

Expert Lawns
03-29-2004, 03:49 PM
what's the question?

Itsgottobegreen
03-29-2004, 04:16 PM
What is the brown leaves being caused by? What do i do about it? What do i tell the customer it is?

bugspit
03-29-2004, 06:38 PM
take a sprig to your local Agritcultrual Extension service. They will also know if the problem is common in the area.

Also look for bugs on the plant and vole holes on the ground.

joshua
03-29-2004, 09:07 PM
could be winter burn, or i think they call it either sun burn or sun scald, or it could be that those branches didn't harden off in time for winter and were killed, but that doesn't look like the case. look to see if the stems are black or a brownish color that is different from the branches that are in better health. but most likey sun scald or sun burn, look at the house it a lighter shade and gives more of a reflection. plus i bet the those plants are on the south side of the house.

ipm
04-04-2004, 08:52 AM
It is either phytopthora, botrytis, or winter burn. Are they otto luyken laurels? or some type of laurel?