PDA

View Full Version : Punch master landscape pro

williamslawn
03-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Can anyone help me get started using landscape pro software? I am not sure where to start. Do I draw my property lines? How do I draw my house? I am really lost. I have no experience with landscaping programs but I am determined to learn. I can hand draw a plan but I would like to use some of the 3d features after I learn the 2d. Any help you can give me will be a big help.

Thanks

NickN
03-30-2004, 08:45 AM
It's all in the manual.Set your lot size first.You don't need to add property lines.
Use the wall section to build the perimeter of your home.At the gable ends,draw two walls that meet in the middle,so when you go to add your roof your gables will meet up.You can go back and add windows and doors at the end.It's pretty simple.Just read the manual and practice while you're reading.
Oh,and go to Punch's website and download the latest upgrade.More plants,more textures,and now they've included shadows.

Lombardi
03-30-2004, 10:00 AM
I bought Punch 3 years ago. I also started out trying to do the 2D drawings. It was difficult. I then bought a digital camera and imported the actual picture of the site into Punch. It was much easier.

Longstar
03-30-2004, 02:25 PM
I believe if you import an image into Punch, it creates that image into 2D. In other words, the picture of your property will become like a wall in Punch. It makes it hard to add landscaping objects to the image from there.

Lombardi
03-30-2004, 10:16 PM
It is actually very easy to add plants in front of the picture. Do a search for software and you will see that last year we posted several pictures of designs using Punch and other software.