PDA

View Full Version : sub out work?

mbs
03-30-2004, 12:09 AM
how do some of you, go about subing work. do you have regular people that you sub out from past networking. do you hit the yellow book? what are some of the procedures and paper work needed to sub out. a good client wants us to regrade some land, she understands my limits but is willing to let us learn. if anything id like to sub it out and make some money at least.

kris
03-30-2004, 05:51 AM
We use a couple of subs ..... one is for chemical spraying and the other is for irrigation. The only reason we haven't started an irrigation division is because this guy is so darn good and yes always add on a percentage ... 20 - 25% is good.
You have some responsibilities as a "prime contractor". For us it was and is important that they have some kind of Health and Safety program and all the appropriate workers comp and insurance in place.

landscapingpoolguy
03-30-2004, 05:01 PM
I sub out fences, decks, and swimming pools.....Always ad on 10-20% .....make sre they have insurance, try to use teh same guys over and over again.

Chuck

therainman
03-30-2004, 05:18 PM
u have pool in your name and u dont do them lol

GarPA
03-30-2004, 08:42 PM
we sub out most of the fert/chem apps. No desire or expertise in that area

grass_cuttin_fool
03-30-2004, 08:48 PM
I use a sub to limb up trees, I asked alot of people he worked for how they liked him and they said he was good. I sub or refer my cutomers to him and he has never let me down. Some times he will be on a job and the customers will say enuff is enuff and be ready to get some one to take over the care of there property and he says ''I dont mow but......." and then I get a call so we trade off work and referals at times , it works for both of us

Mgardner
03-30-2004, 09:16 PM
I get sub-work from others that don`t grade (finish). Also we use a 6` bush hog with a forty two HP tractor for other companies.