PDA

View Full Version : remove shrubs, install new

kmicki
04-02-2004, 05:46 PM
what do you guys charge for remove of( mock orange) shrubs and install new lilacs, dogwood. there are 8 shrubs to remove 4-6 ft high.
plus he wants new bed area,mulch,seed. backyard is 65x30 size

D Felix
04-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Like most other things people here ask about, you need to figure out how long you think it will take in hours, apply your hourly rate, and add in every other cost you will incur. Meaning disposal, equipment, travel time, etc, etc, etc.

It's vague, but talking dollars on this forum really makes no sense to me. I'm in a rural county, whereas you may be in downtown Chicago. Prices where you are will not accurately reflect prices here....

Dan

culand
04-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by kmicki
what do you guys charge for remove of( mock orange) shrubs and install new lilacs, dogwood. there are 8 shrubs to remove 4-6 ft high.
plus he wants new bed area,mulch,seed. backyard is 65x30 size

In every part of the country there are difference in pricing . You need to charge what it will take you to remove 8 shrubs. I can tell you what my company charges (for a example) .

If you call me to do the job> 1) 8 Shrubs @$150.00 2) Redo the beds (assume it one bed ) 65x30 @ $ 75.00 bed with mulch @1950 sq. ft. 2" depth > +-12 cubic yards $275.( price mulch)
SEED (grass)> $2.85 sq. ft.

This may not be the price you quote but the idea. this may help.
CULTURAL LANDSCAPE
culturscape@aol.com

o-so-n-so
04-11-2004, 10:33 PM
I think the other guys are right on. Many things to factor.

I just removes about 20 overgrown Azaleas and 2 Hollies (large caliber). It only took about 10 min with the help of a tractor and pallet forks. Just slid the forks together, and pushed under the plants and popped them right up. Customer was paying hourly rate for general clean-up. I am now planning to reinstall plants and mulch back to the same location.

I also just completed a 12 yard much topdressing for $1007.52.
I charged and hourly rate for weeding and bed prep + $20.00 a yard to haul, $20.00 a yard to install, + the cost of the mulch.

good luck.........