PDA

View Full Version : looking for gate assist for 4' high sides

z_clark
04-04-2004, 01:48 AM
Does any one have/use a gate lift assist with a trailer with 4' high sides, and a 4' high gate? I NEED one for my gate.....my back is wearing out on this beast! Thank you!!!

z_clark
04-08-2004, 11:01 PM
any body????? I could really use one! Tried the companys that make these, but they have not responded either....Help! Oh, and no time to make my own...too busy working (and lifting my heavy gate :p )

LB Landscaping
04-09-2004, 12:23 PM
What about rigging one up to fit on the insides of the walls??? I am going to make my own, much cheaper and pretty easy to do. I believe there are some pics somehwere on here if you do a search.

specialtylc
04-09-2004, 09:16 PM
You can make a factory one work by mounting it on the out side of the side rails at the recomended height. You will just need to make the mounting points on the side rails to bolt the spring tube,cable pivot and cable end mount to.

z_clark
04-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Thank you specialtylc, do you have this set up? Does any one have any pictures of mounting the gate assist on the wall of 4' high sides? I am concerned about the assist getting in the way on the inside, and there is no way to mount on the outside. Thanks again!