PDA

View Full Version : What equipment to buy?

commonwealth
04-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

If you could only have one piece of equipment, what would you buy?

By this I mean.....tractor, mini skid-steer, mini excavator, small skid-steer....... something in this type of machine.

I have looked at a kubota bx 23, dingos, and bobcat 463. So many choices.....so little time.

Basically looking for the best all-around piece of equipment to do landscaping and small water features.

Thanks for answering....
Greg

kris
04-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Considering we got by for years without our MT50Bobcat I would have to say go for a full sized machine.

NNJLandman
04-04-2004, 01:39 PM
I would suggest going with a Kubota, they are a great machine they have the front loader then the backhoe part. Since you said you would be doing pond jobs the Kubota would be better then a skidsteer for digging and they are great for landscaping.

D Felix
04-04-2004, 01:40 PM
I think much of it depends on your market and clientelle. We have a JD 4300, so far it does fine for us. It's used to load mulch (this time of year on a daily basis), and has been used on many lawn installs. Attachments are generally cheaper than skidsteer attachments since there are many 3 point attachments out there.

Our next purchase will probably be an MT 52 or Dingo, though we will need to wiegh that against a larger machine like a full-sized skidsteer.

Where I used to work, we had a JD 250 skidsteer, and it would have been nice to have another full-sized skidsteer. A tractor would not have been used much.

Figure out what you want to use a machine for, then buy appropriately.

Of course, a bed edger, sod cutter, and tiller are pretty much standard equipment anywhere....

Dan

Trim Creations
04-04-2004, 09:19 PM
I have a dingo 220 and a case 1825 both are great for there own paticular use. for and all around tool in those hard to get places there nothing like a dingo.

newleaflandscape
04-05-2004, 04:28 PM
All depends on what kind of jobs you are doing. If they are all smaller I would say the dingo. You can get a backhoe attachment for them for you small water feature digging along with harley rakes to do lawns not to mention the bucket and forks to move trees and materials. Having a dingo elimnates the need for two employees. On the other hand if you are doing alot of lawn installs and grade work or moving heavier materials I would probly go with a skid. If you are doing alot of larger landscape intalls like twenty or more yards of material and are occasionaly doing lawns and grade work and will use a backhoe more then not I would go with the tractor. A back hoe on a skid aint worth crap in my opinion. You just have to figure out what you will get the most use out of on a daily basis. If I were you I would do nothing but rent for the first two months to see what you find yourself using the most.

landscapingpoolguy
04-06-2004, 07:22 PM
I like the New Bobcat Backhoes......i think there mid level backhoe is a #7000 machine and should be able to get through anything.....Skidsteers are limited by there attachments and the kubota tractor is a bit small for my taste...Make a purchase you will be able to grow into not out of.

Chuck

commonwealth
04-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I am leaning more toward a small tractor for the time being because of the almost unlimitless 3 point attachments.

I really like the looks of the dingo machine and attachements. The machines are not priced bad but I almost stroked out when they priced the backhoe attachment.

Thanks again
Greg

Colorado Mowerboy
04-11-2004, 12:22 PM
I love the Dingo, but for moving material it is very slow. I'm kind of going through the same problem. The Dingo does so much, in so man areas, but to move rock from street to back yard, SLOW.

netgear
05-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Hello i have a Toro Dingo 320d for sale. it has the following attachments: Soil Renovator( cultivator) , Auger Power Head, Bare Trencher w/ bar less chain, Standard Bucket, and trailor w/ accessories. It only has 600 hours of use. i will sell everything for only $11,000. capitalgroup@spininternet.com
Thank You
Spencer Craig