PDA

View Full Version : Swampy Walkway / Watery Grave, advice please

Jb3NH
04-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Good Evenin, enclosed is a pics of the proposed area where the walkway would be, length is about 26 and a half feet by 33inches wide and about 3 feet away from that water. My Major concern is all the water that seems to have settle right in along the stone wall / property line that drains off the adjoining lot down to the next lot. Keepin in mind this property is right along the coast of NH and we are in our spring 'coastal flooding' season the soil is at just about 100% saturation. I dug a test hole 12 inchs down 'n about 15 minutes i had a inch of water. I've done a little readin from other posts and a little from www.icpi.org and geotextile fabric might be to be the way to go. I'd like if time permits some advice on how to best build my base and create a good lookin no heave walk. Thank you. :confused:

NickN
04-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Can you post a better pic?That one doesn't look too great on my pc.

Jb3NH
04-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Hope this is a little better. I've got a wicked complicated image editor, i cannot figure it all out 'Corel 9' <- -too many freakin options :eek:

NickN
04-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Look up http://www.varicore.com.I think the multi flow system may be a good bet for your situation.Install it beside the walkway.Trench a 4" ditch making sure to drop the grade 1 to 1.5 inches every ten feet.They make different size drainage pipes.I'd go with 12" to get a good water flow since it looks like quite a bit of water is sitting in that area.
Install the pipe in the center of the trench and backfill with course sand.No need for a fabric as the pipe has the fabric already installed.If you can't discharge the water,simply use one of the pvc adapters and run it into a septic basin.
Pretty neat stuff.

Jb3NH
04-07-2004, 12:57 AM
NickN i appreciate the reply and thanks for the Information. I'm lookin at the website right now, The Multi-Flow Drainage System looks pretty slick.

~ JB