PDA

View Full Version : Another landscape wall we did

sgallaher
04-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Here are some pictures of another landscape wall we just did. Have another on coming up in two weeks, one 50' section and one 25' section.

sgallaher
04-07-2004, 11:28 PM
here is another

sgallaher
04-07-2004, 11:29 PM
one more...........

gscone
04-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Great job! Did you have to lay down cement between each stone or are they just laid on top of each other? what kind of stone are you using?

sgallaher
04-08-2004, 10:38 PM
They are EP Henry English Garden wall blocks. They lay on top of each other, no cement. We glue the top layer on just to be safe. :)

gscone
04-09-2004, 08:57 AM
How are you able to achieve the curve? Was that a special curved stone? Thanks~

sgallaher
04-09-2004, 08:45 PM
They make a tapered block that is 12" long on the front then it tapers down to 9" (I think) on the back. The top course we used rectagular pieces and just cut each one to fit the curve, this way there are no gaps on the top course.

gogetter
04-10-2004, 06:28 PM
What about the wall to the left (in the pic), is that laying directly on the cement there? Or is it soil under there?

The walls look great, but the cement steps and patio sorta take away from it. They should consider staining it or something along those lines.

sgallaher
04-12-2004, 12:17 AM
The wall on the left - there was a small patch of grass there, we just dug out the base and compacted to base material and laid the stone.

Turfdude
04-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by sgallaher
They make a tapered block that is 12" long on the front then it tapers down to 9" (I think) on the back. The top course we used rectagular pieces and just cut each one to fit the curve, this way there are no gaps on the top course.
By using all straight blocks for the top coarse, don't you find that the back edges don't always line p real well, you have to break ff a lot of the lip on the bottom of the block and finally, that the wall from the top doesn't have as much curve to it?

FWIW, If you like the finished top edge, I'd go w/ the caps for their terrace wall or other similar product. I've never had a problem w/ leaving the smaller gaps in the rear of the tapered blocks as many times they get filled w/ mulch.

sgallaher
04-15-2004, 10:12 PM
We didn't have to break off the lip on any of the one on top. We just cut each side to match the curve. I'll try to get a closer pic of the top and the curve.

PrecisionYardworks
04-18-2004, 09:26 PM
hey what do you guys charge for this and how do you price them I have many customers that want them but don't know how to price

sgallaher
04-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Are you in New Castle County? If so go to Leon's Garden World of Angersteins and get an EP Henry 2004 Idea Catalog. It tells you how many of the blocks you need for a certain size wall. Then you just figure out your costs and add in labor.